Bullish On The Dollar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Daal

Daal

Correlations are too high, if you want to play that theme whats wrong with shorting the stock market

2. I just saw an interview w/ Marc Faber. He was saying the same thing.

Quick question.

I am looking to exchange some of my sidelined cash into Euros. Anyone have any suggestions as to timing? I am guessing in the next three months.

I'm doing this to diversify my cash, but also in the event I decide to move to Europe. I have the ability to attain dual citizenship in a member country, which would also give me Euro citizenship.

From what it looks like, I'm guessing the dollar could get stronger against the Euro again?

3. ............................................................................

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/02/fiat-world-mathematical-model.html

I know you probably already read this....just in case....

Credit collapse exceeds fabrication....

4. If you're bearish on all of the main currencies, then what are you bullish on? How can this be? All major currencies can't depreciate against themselves...

5. Be aware that FABER recently "hedged" himself by postponing his "Gloom & Doom" scenario because of all of the FOMC liquidity injections . . . and stated that we could see a big rally in equities.

Duh.
    :p

6. gold, commodities, the stuff you buy with currency.

7. Too soon for that re gold. It would be like drinking tea a couple of seconds after you put the bag in the cup of hot water.
    Maybe by the end of this year. That's the earliest I see for a big position move into gold.

8. I short dollar and yen, switching to cad and euro, don't think there is way dollar can rally.

#10     Aug 12, 2009