Bullish on OIL @ $51.30

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by JSSPMK, Nov 26, 2008.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I don't know the reasons, but here is the crack, as liquidations are subsiding we are starting to see turns in a lot of instruments - stock indexes, oil, gold, silver is about to make a major turnaround beating Gold by narrowing ratio from current ~0.013 to 0.018 (basically silver @ $14.7) in the very near future and perhaps even more. Gold & Silver have hit a 50% fibs recently, Oil bouncing of a major support zone as well as stock indexes. All of this points to "Obama's plans" being given the benefit of the doubt, what the future holds? Nobody knows. I think it's prudent to look at what's happening at the moment as a retracement & not a reversal, too early for that ImPO.

#21     Nov 28, 2008
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Resurrecting this thread, I am a buyer above the break of $45 (March contract), stop will be no more than $1, Daily indications of at least a retracement, weekly histo at centreline.

#22     Jan 22, 2009
  3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Will get long on next break of $45, didn't first time as short term charts point to a bounce of $45 area

#23     Jan 22, 2009
  4. usman88

usman88

#24     Jan 22, 2009
  5. I just trade spreads, and I don't see any fundamental reasons to bullish this product..

Selling march/buying april gives us a better chance to make money in this market, right now this spread is trading at -2,75 (up over 0,95 cents) If we break the -3.00 level again, you can bet that the March futures will drop to the $35 levels.

#25     Jan 22, 2009
  6. usman88

usman88

any resources/articles/books where one can learn spread trading?

#26     Jan 22, 2009
  7. Of course pal.

http://www.amazon.com/Futures-Sprea...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232648443&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...books&field-keywords=Spread+Trading&x=13&y=24

this one is a complex book, but its very good.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Power-...r_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232648647&sr=1-10

review:

In chapter 5 the author presents techniques for energy modeling that go beyond the used of the convenience yield by using forward pricing techniques. The goal is to describe the dynamics of future contract prices that takes into account the correlations with other futures, and not on the price evolution of a single contract. Thus it is the `forward curve' that is relevant for obtaining a useable model for derivative cash flow.

#27     Jan 22, 2009
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Thanks for invite, I will visit :)

As regards to spread trading I will just say that it is a tough challenge to master that game, than again maybe it's just me.

#28     Jan 22, 2009
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I only trade what I see happening in charts.

#29     Jan 22, 2009
  10. i used to trade about 70 percent spreads, ive moved to nearly 100 in this climate and it has treated me well. It's a skill that deserves some looking into.

#30     Jan 22, 2009