Bullish on OIL @ $51.30

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by JSSPMK, Nov 26, 2008.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

You whore, LOL just kidding

#11     Nov 26, 2008
  2. What month if your straddle?

#12     Nov 26, 2008
  3. HLB

HLB

1 QM JAN @ 50.675 (effective 49.175 since was long QM from high 48).
    1 CL JAN 50 put @ 3.80

#13     Nov 26, 2008
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Up ~7% today, good start. With indexes retracing oil stands more of a chance getting to $70 & perhaps $90

#14     Nov 26, 2008
  5. dumped after hours =( i was long some DXO

#15     Nov 26, 2008
  6. thedewar

thedewar

there's no reason for prices to drop. The world is still dependant on oil, with OPEC (more than likely) cutting the supply to drive prices we're going to see a good rise again. The world runs on the commodity, and with reserves of easiest acccess being used up readily i'm thinking we're in for huge gains in the next year or so. The oil sands in AB Canada (where I live) have a break even point at $55 a barrel, they wouldn't produce running at a loss and the US gets a fair chunk of their oil from us. I'm thinking the fundamentals of every economy is based on energy and oil. Therefore it seems severely undervalued. The world needs it to run, demand never really gets cut back (or severely enough to maintain the current price drop).

All IMO though, do what you want with that. I'd buy some futures for next year. Especially with the summer spike in prices etc. something that expired around september would be a good buy. (im confident it wouldn't be under $70/barrel).

#16     Nov 26, 2008
  7. usman88

usman88

good call as always JSSPMK

My target is $60 within 30 minutes

#17     Nov 28, 2008
  8. Don't be so conservative!

Is there news out or is it just getting jerked around in a thin market? Four bucks in an hour is a pretty good swing.

#18     Nov 28, 2008
  9. coolraz

coolraz

Yeah why did it go up so much?

I noticed it went up RIGHT after closing of ES, NQ and YM.

Do you think it was people heding indexes going up on monday by long oil (the two have been pretty well correlated overall...)

#19     Nov 28, 2008
  10. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

TY! Not so certain about "as always" part :)

#20     Nov 28, 2008