Bullish at a Time of Extreme Panic (Larry Williams)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zor_Champ, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Ditto.

A large component of a bear market is psychological/time... relentless grinding to the downside and the feeling of despair. Here's what a real bear market looks like.

Bear Market.PNG

Today's conventional wisdom(?) of a "bear market = 20% down" is ridiculous.

#21     Mar 18, 2020
    FriskyCat and padutrader like this.
  2. kaizer

kaizer

Everething should be ignored. Only YOUR trading/investing plan does matter for YOU.

#22     Mar 18, 2020
  3. padutrader

padutrader

I am not a perma bull

I gave a sell on feb 13.

here in ET

#23     Mar 18, 2020
  4. padutrader

padutrader

agree
    but it has not shown up in the technical.
    the fundamentals are the worst I have seen in my life.
    but the question is who is going to sell at these levels.

bears do not sell low …...bulls buy low …..and unload as the market falls,but like you say with fundamentals so bad, no bull is going to buy...….

so we are going to enter a 'tight' trading range...………

#24     Mar 18, 2020
  5. padutrader

padutrader

:thumbsup::D
    how soon we forget what markets can do......

#25     Mar 18, 2020
  6. trdes

trdes

It isn't about respect, people put too much faith and effort into following market legends. Be honest how much can they seriously help you be a consistent long term day trader? I am not saying they don't have any good advice and if you're just investing only, I won't comment or fight you on that part. But there's also market legends who made their money through inside information, some made it all on one fluke trade (and than couldn't follow up those same results in the future, but lived off both the money and the credibility of the one huge trade) and etc.

I will admit I don't know a lot about this particular guy, so if you think that disqualifies what I am saying fair enough. But you will never convince me in a million years that videos like the one he just posted has anything to do with someone being a consistent long term trader.

EDIT: I am almost begging for him to be right and hope I am wrong, but the probabilities are stacked against what he's saying. I can trade in this market environment well enough intra-day, my concern is literally with the markets staying upon. I am not a doomsayer and things aren't at critical levels yet. NQ around 5300 would make some sense and wouldn't worry me that much. But if we do go there and than beyond that, I start to get a little more concerned.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    #26     Mar 18, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Dalio recently said "cash is trash", Paulson could not make any decent coin after housing crash. Just few of many examples that confirm simple fact, we all know shit (HFT and insider trading being the only exceptions).

#27     Mar 18, 2020
  8. southall

southall

We may have bottomed for the short term. Whether we get another leg down will depend on how much worse things get. The virus will be history in a couple of months. Then it will depend on the state of economy and how long things take to get back to normal. Although the stock market will anticipate a recovery ahead of time. This recession could last six months or it could last years. who the fuck knows.

#28     Mar 18, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  9. And then there is this... The 1929-1932 bear market and the 2000 Nasdaq bear have different charts from the above but took similar forms.

2000 Nas Bear.PNG

We could see similar to this again. We might be nearing the initial "swoosh" bottom... to be followed by ~50% retracement of the decline (prolly take at least a few months and convince everyone, "the coast is clear")... to roll over again and do the lonnnng grind down to the ultimate bottom.

Just spit-ballin' here

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    #29     Mar 18, 2020
    ironchef likes this.
  10. trdes

trdes

Market down a lot! let me say it might be the bottom and if I am right, than I can sell products and services to the masses for years and they will all point to my one call and overlook what it actually takes to be consistent day in and day out.

#30     Mar 18, 2020