Bullish at a Time of Extreme Panic (Larry Williams)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zor_Champ, Mar 17, 2020.

1. trdes

trdes

He did use the words "faith" and "hope" that's not really inspiring enough for me to load up long here, but if you follow him hope it works out.

#11     Mar 17, 2020
  2. it takes courage to be pig! :)

#12     Mar 18, 2020
    ironchef and comagnum like this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

that is just it...………….

a 3 week down move is just not enough to turn a 10 year bull market...…..

most countertrend moves are fast and furious and this is another countertrend move ……..so far.

#13     Mar 18, 2020
  4. schizo

schizo

Dude, show some respect. Larry's a legend in the futures market.

#14     Mar 18, 2020
    NQurious, SunTrader and qlai like this.
  5. zghorner

zghorner

How can this situation possibly get better though in the near future with more and more countries, cities, businesses getting shut down each day? The flu will have to have peaked and numbers will need to be dropping worldwide not climbing...until then you are in a bear market. This thing is exceeding swine flu currently on how bad it is. SF hit when the entire market was undervalued CV hit when the market was overvalued so it just seems obvious to me this is going to stay bad overall. Maybe I’m wrong admittedly I haven’t been very good at this in the past but it I feel pretty confident this isn’t a quick turn around.
    https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/articl...irus/289-5a748d5d-2fa2-44c1-9fff-ad1c8bfb2739

#15     Mar 18, 2020
  6. padutrader

padutrader

I never said the countertrend move is over.

#16     Mar 18, 2020
  7. zghorner

zghorner

I know you didn’t. You stayed lukewarm on the situation and I’m just asking how could you not favor a bearish trend from this time forward? No disrespect intended towards you, just a question.

#17     Mar 18, 2020
  8. schizo

schizo

Padu, had you been a buy & hold investor, you would have lost a lot of money by now. We can at least agree on that, right? Granted, we could reverse and, hopefully, go all the way back to the ATH. But how likely is that, considering the Corona isn't showing any signs of letting up?

The problem with you and other permabulls are that you treat this as a bull-market correction and not a bear-market selloff. But 30% selloff is no correction (or is it?)

#18     Mar 18, 2020
    zghorner likes this.
  9. danielc1

danielc1

The market making a V is also what my gut is saying, just like a flash crash but spread out over weeks. Even if it is for just kissing the top good by and go down again.

#19     Mar 18, 2020
  10. How can this be a correction with businesses shutting down and people getting laid off? Literally all industries are shutting down and crying for help. Even during the great depression we didn't have something physically restricting transactions. As FDR put it, "we are stricken by no plague of locusts," then. Well we are stricken by one this time.

Personally, I think it is a bit of over reaction considering this virus won't wipe out humanity with mortality rate likely less than 1% once the numbers start clearing. Regardless, the panic is probably necessary to keep it from spreading faster than it already is. In the meantime, the economy is going to get battered until this thing cools off and fixing a broken supply chain is going to take some time afterwards.

We are facing a crisis with serious repercussions to the economy, this isn't just a stock market correction.

#20     Mar 18, 2020
    Kunz78 likes this.