bullets for LU

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by markcuban, Jul 15, 2005.

1. mnx

mnx

yes i can help ;)

EMC is one of the Reg SHO pilot stocks therefore there are no short sale restrictions...

what you are waiting for on NOK is someone who is long to sell into the bid, then you can put your offers up...
    eg. nok is 15.89 x 15.90...

15.89 wiped out...
    new nbbo is 15.88 a 15.90 and you can't SS at 15.89...
    someone has to hit 15.88 before you can post SS offers at 15.89... sometimes I will buy 100 shares at 15.90 and sell them to 15.88 so I can post my SS's at 15.89....

hope that helped...

mnx

#21     Aug 1, 2005
  2. What office you work at? This is basic knowledge you should have been told long time ago. There is list of pilot stocks you can short, you can get the list from one of the Prop allerts 2005 #13.

#22     Aug 1, 2005
  3. my apologies for being a jackass. i try to keep my thread crap inside but sometimes it leaks out.

bullets for anything are gone. now there are SLPs and conversions. a 1K share conversion for most stocks costs between $250-$350 per month. if a stock is hard to borrow, forget about it cuz the costs wont be worth it. conversions roll on monthly expirations.

on a serious note, you should not need a conversion or SLP to short LU. the mofo is so thick and slow, you could easily short 10K lots without chasing it down more than a penny. offer 5 cents down on NYSE, ARCA, and INET and you will eventually get hit.

#23     Aug 1, 2005
  4. I have found that list to be incredibly inaccurate for what i understand it means. I may just not be understanding it correctly, but i thought every stock on that list could be crossed short, which in my experience is simply not the case.

#24     Aug 1, 2005