Bulldoze Dying Cities?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Great! next time I need to fix a broken pipe or paint my house, i will be sure to tear it down to save money!

#11     Jun 14, 2009
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Bravo!!!
    :D :D

#12     Jun 15, 2009
  3. might be the prudent approach if you lived in a post-apocalyptic neighborhood surrounded by abandoned 50-100 year old buildings that haven't been maintained for decades ... unless that is your thing

altough, if all those buildings were razed, and all that was left was your house with a nice shiny new pipe and paint job, you might make out

you must not get into the inner city very often, take a tour, might be an eye opener

#13     Jun 15, 2009
  4. flint is 34 square miles, population has declined yet city still needs to maintain roads,,deliver mail, fire, police services etc,,why fix roads if no populace or plow them of snow etc. Makes sense to knock down buildings and tear up roads since you can now shut off sewers and water services, saving precious funds.

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  5. I'm sorry, but this strikes me as wasteful. Why not use it and other urban wastelands for those projects that nobody wants in their backyard? Since nobody lives there anymore, no problem.

For example, nuclear waste disposal, prisons, windfarms, military bombing ranges, refineries, coal-fired generating plants, hari-krishna temples, muslims schools, etc. I also believe Flint or downtown Detroit itself would be an excellent location for the David Letterman show.

#15     Jun 15, 2009
  6. There is only one other place on Earth where they bulldoze houses...and that's in Gaza.

(now you see what is in store for us)

#16     Jun 15, 2009