Bull Trapping Part II or Sell the Bounce

Discussion in 'Trading' started by duard, Jun 4, 2006.

1. duard

duard

Thanks.

I like to align my head as to macro conditions. These "calls" were not trades per se but ideas which when used properly allow one to operate within a framework. I suppose the theme since 4/30 could be summed up into one word --- "SELL" That should be easy to see from the posts. As to entry and exits we all have our ways, yes?

Good Luck

#11     Jun 12, 2006
  2. I don't follow. Could you please clarify?

#12     Jun 12, 2006
  3. duard

duard

Investopedia:

Top-Down Investing

What does it Mean?

An investment approach where an investor looks at a country's economy before considering an industry to invest in. Next, they determine what industries or sectors will return well because of the economic conditions and, finally, they then buy stocks that are attractive within that industry.

Similar strategy for my short-term approach. Macro to micro. Then apply my strategy. Keeps me on the "right-side" of the market.

#13     Jun 12, 2006
  4. duard

duard

Sawwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!

Commericals are gonna make the little longs sweat hard, puke, and cough!!!

Make that DID make the little longs sweat hard, puke, and cough!!!

#14     Jun 13, 2006
  5. duard

duard

#15     Jun 13, 2006
  6. newbunch

newbunch

#16     Jun 13, 2006
  7. duard

duard

Methinks a relief rally not a turnaround. A substantial multi month correction will have relief rallies which can be quite violent.

Good for trading.

#17     Jun 13, 2006
  8. duard

duard

My target was 1215 in the spoos but we had a legit turn at 1230. There has been selective buying for 2 days now on the dips. If this move gains traction we could have a meaningful move up.

Tommorrow will be interesting.

Nothing more to say.

#18     Jun 14, 2006
  9. duard

duard

Was that sufficiently violent?

Can you supersize that trading range?

I flattened.

#19     Jun 16, 2006
  10. duard

duard

Flattening was good.

There have been some nice trades here lately if you followed any of them. First a big correction than a relief rally. Today was a split day essentially with a downward bias and was relatively predictable, hence the flattening call this am. Although clearly plenty of money was available to well timed intraday sells. In any event right now I'm a sitter awaiting more market data before I risk my capital. A good time to take a few days off.

Good Luck.

#20     Jun 16, 2006