bull is back

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bladerunner, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Is he calling it the MOABO now or what? What was the basis for his 03/11 call ? If this is true this is an amazing call, the market reversed the next day. Never heard of the 50% in QQQ stuff I used to listen to him every we in 2000.

btw where can you read the transcripts now , does he even have a radio show anymore?

#11     Apr 28, 2003
  2. you might try www.bobbrinker.com
    He is on the radio each weekend for three hours.

His QQQ call was a try at short term timing...not the longer term calls for which he has been accurate.

(Just an occassional listener)

#12     Apr 28, 2003
  3. DblArrow

DblArrow

My understanding in listening to him - not following his advice - is that he is thinking cyclical bull in a secular bear. As he does not recommend short selling, but when the time is right, even if short term.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#13     Apr 28, 2003
  4. The market has established a March low which represents a 4 year cycle low as well as a 20 week cycle low. See graph.
    The Bull cyclical low was also established at this time with a high into 2004. I think Brinker was right on! And I was buying March 10th :D

#14     Apr 29, 2003
  5. This is the ratio of the Rydex Nova vs. Ursa mutual fund assets:

When this ratio is low as it was in early March, the assets in the Nova (bet on a higher S&P) are lower than those assets in Ursa (bet on a lower S&P). Obviously, the bet in early March was on Ursa due to the low ratio! From a contrary view, this was a very low level historically and indicated along with many other measures that the bear was coming to an end.

#15     Apr 29, 2003
  6. You could have made the same argument back in september

#16     Apr 29, 2003
  7. were not in place in September!
    You see you cannot rely on just one or two indicators.
    These are just two pieces of the puzzle :) that when used with the other pieces says "Bingo" now is the time!
    Never buy the first low after a significant move lower! Wait for all the indicators to be in place.

1. Momentum Divergence
    See the Sept low and corresponding momentum and now the March low and corresponding divergent momentum! Yes! That's one piece.

#17     Apr 29, 2003
  8. rtstrading,
    where do you get the Rydex funds info? What 's the second diagram at the bottom? OEX?

#18     Apr 29, 2003
  9. someone read "How I trade for a living" by Smith, right RS ? ;)

#19     Apr 29, 2003

10. Some nice indicators at:
    Street Tools at the top then Check the Market Timing Section!

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/

#20     Apr 29, 2003