Builidng a trading/gaming hybrid computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darkhawk-2000, May 9, 2012.

1. Wanted some opinion on the best way to do this.

I have only seen discussion on pure trading computers.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4348140-Int...77X-UD3H-LGA-1155-Z77-299-98-tax-Microcenter?

was looking at this cpu/mobo package

does this mobo not have enough PCI slots for trading?

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/736...ddr5-video-card-hd687azdfc-dirt-3-game-coupon

this was the graphics card i was going to first get for gaming, it has eyefinity technology

The PCI slot thing is still confusing me
    Could I still add a Nvidia Quadro 450 to this setup? or should I look for a different motherboard?

2. What's different in your hybrid vs trading from your gaming computer?

3. If u know ow to trade profitably , 386 is good enough.:D

Jack Hershey.

4. What for?

SImple get a decent gaming computer. Point. Boot ino 2 different windows (trading, gaming).

You can run 4-6 monitors from any ATI card these days, if with the help of a display port hub (display port can run more than one monitor over one cable, but few monitors accpt it and can pass through the second signal on the other side for another cable to another monitor.

The requirements for gaming are SO much higher than for trading that gaming runs it all.

And you have the graphics cards anyway.

5. This is not a good idea.

If you are going to buy an Eyefinity card for your games, buy one that supports all the monitors that you will be using. Gaming cards will be much more power than what trading needs.

There is no need to put in a Quadro card. Typically mixing different graphic chip makes is not a good idea. Likely you will have compatibility issues.

My advice is: don't jump into solution to start. Start with your requirements. Then you figure out the solutions that meet your requirements.

e.g.

First key decision: which CPU to use. (Intel i3 or i5 or i7?) This highly depends on your trading style (e.g. if you need lot of back-testing, optimization, real-time tick charts, lots of indicators, etc.).

Then how many monitors you want to use? 2? 4? 6?

Then you search for the graphics cards and motherboards.

Memories, chassis, power supplies, DVD-RW drives, hard disks, etc.. would only be secondary.