Building my own Core2Duo system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by notouch, Sep 26, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

Where'd you get THAT? I heard the 8250 was just a big POS!

#41     Sep 26, 2006
  2. Well...the guy wanted too much for it...but I got it down in price to a respectable level. now this POS don't stink!

#42     Sep 26, 2006
  3. notouch

notouch

On principle I'm not buying Dell because they annoy me with advertising that pops up on computer screens and falls out of newspapers. Also they seem to have "outsourced" their sales and customer service departments so getting any sense out of them is difficult. Any company that spends so much on advertising and cuts corners on sales and customer service is not worth doing business with.

#43     Sep 26, 2006
  4. gnome

gnome

Did you ever hear the saying, "a cheap turd is still a turd"? (Actually, I heard the story that the guy who sold it to you was a tall, handsome, rich, and *generous* som-bitch.)

#44     Sep 26, 2006
  5. Yeah I know what you mean..gnome never stopped bothering me. I have to bribe him with Root Beer just to get him to come over..

and to talk to him about trading is like talking to a guy I played poker with once...cleaned me out...

But seriously, I understand the fun of designing/creating and assembling your very own dream machine...just read that link...

I had an earlier link a few years ago...where I got an account at New Egg...had the parts list configured and everything...

building as a hobby is one thing...but your work tools are another. But I really want to take up yachting or jumping cars with my motorcyle...haven't decided yet...

#45     Sep 26, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

You can build one yourself or have one built at a local clone shop. However, it will probably cost a bit more.

#46     Sep 26, 2006
  7. notouch

notouch

I read that, very useful. But after all that you ended up buying a friend's $350 Dell? Made me laugh.

#47     Sep 26, 2006
  8. notouch

notouch

I definitely want to build it myself. I've heard it's just a case of slotting bits in so I'm quite looking forward to it.

#48     Sep 26, 2006
  9. Make sure your grounded, use round cables...and get good grease...techies no what I mean...

#49     Sep 26, 2006
  10. taodr

taodr

If you are gung ho on building it yourself, why don't you wait for the quad core. They say the thing is bloody marvelous !

#50     Sep 26, 2006