Building my own Core2Duo system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by notouch, Sep 26, 2006.

1. I can't drive 65iiiive

sing it...

#11     Sep 26, 2006
  2. Sometimes I sit on my computer case just to feel the power throbbing between my legs

#12     Sep 26, 2006
  3. does it have a vibrator?..I gotta try that...(I would have to climb my modular shelves up upon the high mountain of computer though)

#13     Sep 26, 2006
  4. gnome

gnome

If you're building a trading rig, you should be advised to get a different adviser.

#14     Sep 26, 2006
  5. I wont tell you what happens when I pull the trigger on a trade.... suffice to say it can get messy

#15     Sep 26, 2006
  6. ken__0

ken__0

you dont need a fancy dual core either you can cut your cpu price in half just getting a fast singlecore while theyr still around.
    building a pc for the first time can be an expensive lesson,at least it was for me.
    but i have a reliable pc now and after all is said and done wished i had just ordered one.

#16     Sep 26, 2006
  7. gnome

gnome

Hmmmm..... my wife does that during the washing machine's spin cycle.

#17     Sep 26, 2006
  8. If you do get an SLI mboard with 2 PCI-E x16 slots you should be able to run in non SLI mode so that you could for example put an NVS285 in each PCI-E x16 slot for a total of four independent heads. Maybe you advisor means a config something like this.

#18     Sep 26, 2006
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

guy, tone it down, we are building a trading computer not some funky machine here. :eek:

#19     Sep 26, 2006
  10. notouch

notouch

ElectricSavant, no offence but I don't see why practically every hardware discussion has got to be hijacked by people shouting "you don't need that for trading". The point has been made, let it lie.

As for my "adviser" he's just a tech-savvie friend coming up with some ideas but I'd be happy to bin those ideas if anyone has better suggestions. There have already been some good suggestions that I'll look into.

I was going to buy this system but was advised against it due to the cheap motherboard and RAM.

#20     Sep 26, 2006