Building a Free Educational Website

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by expiated, Nov 24, 2020.

1. expiated

expiated

I'm going to begin compiling resources for all kinds of topics—not just for handling money. Having completed the development of my Numerical Price Prediction Forex trading system, this is almost certain to once again move into position as my #1 hobby. So to get started, I think I'll take a crack at unpacking this video on the first chapter of Genesis and create a corresponding worksheet.

I'll then be adding many, many additional topics in the very near future.

fullautotrading likes this.
  2. The easy part is setting up a website.
    They hard part is getting visitors.

3. darui

darui

Its not so hard when you have good IT developers and money. Or you can develop website by yourslef. I think sometimes in my work i use different additional tools like what is oracle atg on https://fortegrp.com/is-oracle-atg-right-for-your-ecommerce-business/ Oracle ATG Commerce is the innovative solution presenting a framework which is highly customizable and goes beyond being just an e-commerce platform.

rosemarieferguson likes this.
  4. expiated

expiated

I use Homestead.com. But, not the newer version, where you are forced to do everything using templates. I still use the original version, where I can create everything from scratch.

5. Alisha

Alisha

This is a very good idea. It seems to me that we are greatly lacking educational resources.

expiated likes this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

just jump on Khan academy, I think he takes contributor videos now.

7. socool

socool

That's right! It is not easy to get those.

8. expiated

expiated

I’m currently taking advantage of a free trial offered by Blinkist.com, a subscription service based in Berlin, Germany that breaks down nearly 3,000 bestselling non-fiction books into digestible 15-minute summaries.

The second book I checked out was: Ultralearning by Scott H. Young

The key message?

At first glance, ultralearners can look like outliers. But in reality, anyone can adopt ultralearning's aggressive, self-directed learning style to master difficult tasks in a short time. Want to successfully complete your own ultralearning project? Start by laying the groundwork: apply metalearning strategies and refine your focus. Optimize your learning by focusing on directness, drilling, retrieval, feedback and retention. To take things to the next level, cultivate intuition and experiment intensively.
    1. Ultralearning is the smart, strategic way to skill up for personal fulfillment and professional advantage.
    2. Metalearning is a crucial, yet overlooked, step for reaching a big-picture understanding of your field.
    3. Simple mental strategies can defend against distractions and refine your focus.
    4. Taking the shortest route from theory to practice allows you to skill up smoothly.
    5. Use drilling to hone your skills to perfection.
    6. Using challenging recall strategies is the best way to retrieve information you've learned.
    7. Elicit high-quality feedback to identify your weaknesses and improve your performance.
    8. Smart, strategically-spaced memorization sessions ensure that what you learn really sticks.
    9. Cultivating deep understanding is the surest path to finding your intuitive brilliance.
    10. Strategic experimentation lays the groundwork for true innovation.

9. expiated

expiated

It seems to me that there ought to be a way to create educational cartoons using motion capture to avoid having to rely on animators to draw stories frame by frame. Regardless, I've got a lot to sort out before I start buying anything, so I might as well get started.

Initial sources of information...
    https://laptopstudy.com/best-laptop-for-animation/
    https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-for-animation/

Find out what this equipment does...
    ScreenHunter_9224 Dec. 26 12.21.jpg
    Find out what these computers can do...
    Apple iMac Pro
    HP OMEN 880 Desktop
    Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Desktop
    Acer Predator Helios 300
    Acer Nitro 5
    MSI GP75 Leopard 10SFK
    MSI GS75 Stealth 10SGS-027
    Razer Blade 15 2020
    ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 17 W700G3T
    Acer Aspire E5
    Acer Aspire E15 E5-575
    Newest Lenovo Premium PC

Surface Pro 7

10. expiated

expiated

Ultralearning by Scott H. Young

This book teaches a number of techniques I use myself and that I employed in the past to empower most of my (at-risk) learners to master what many (bleeding-heart woke lefties) thought they were too victimized to handle.

upload_2020-12-26_18-58-27.png

In that I will want to formalize these strategies as part of any educational program I develop in the future, I need to clarify what they are in my own mind, and then synthesize them in a manner that will be easy to grasp by others, starting with refining one's focus, and incorporating metalearning...

Before embarking on a quest to educate yourself using this strategic, aggressive, self-directed learning style to quickly and efficiently master difficult tasks in a short period of time, make a point of laying the groundwork by applying metalearning strategies and refining your focus.

For instance, before committing to a time-consuming project like teaching yourself the basics of a coding language, you’d want to make sure it’s actually going to align with your objectives. After all, you wouldn’t want to make the mistake of learning C++ to break into a field where everyone is coding in Python.

One way to do this is to find an authority on the topic and conduct an expert interview. Ask them what concepts are fundamental to the field, what skills are in demand, and which resources they recommend working with.

And whatever it is you’re learning, you should always begin metalearning—the process of learning how to learn. This is a crucial, yet overlooked, step for reaching a big-picture understanding of your field. The idea here is that you shouldn't start by absorbing information at random.

You should first establish how information is structured in your chosen field

For example, the writing system of Mandarin Chinese isn't just a bunch of random characters. Instead, the characters are organized by radicals, which are visual markers that express the relationships between those characters. So if you were learning Mandarin, you'd want to start with organizing principles like radicals, rather than just memorizing each character individually.

Metalearning is all about looking for the big picture, then using it to devise your optimal learning strategy. That's easier said than done, though. Many learners take years to arrive at a big-picture understanding of their subject. Fortunately, there are some simple strategies you can use to create a metalearning shortcut.

First, create a metalearning map by breaking your topic down into three categories:
    1. Concepts, or what basic ideas need to be understood;
    2. Facts, or what pieces of information need to be memorized; and
    3. Procedures, or what skills need to be performed/mastered.
    Some projects, like learning a new programming language, will involve a mixture of the three. Working on that tennis serve, however, will mostly involve perfecting the procedure. Focus your energies on the most heavily-weighted categories.

Next, use this map to identify which aspects of learning might be the most challenging, and then brainstorm techniques for overcoming them. If your breakdown reveals you'll need to commit a lot of facts to memory, for example, you might consider acquiring spaced-repetition software, which produces randomized memory tests, to optimize the memorization process.

Finally, establish how you're going to learn. To do this, try benchmarking:
    1. Research people who've acquired a similar skill or institutions that offer accreditation in your field of study. Use these as your benchmarks. Replicate their methods and equipment.
    2. Use online course lists or syllabi to find the resources, tools and texts that are considered essential in the field.
    Time invested in metalearning sets your project up for success. As a general rule, allocate 10% of the total time you expect to spend on your project to metalearning.

Through metalearning, you can draw a roadmap for your ultralearning project. Once your map is ready, you should strengthen your powers of focus to make sure you don't go off-road, which is the next topic...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    #10     Dec 26, 2020