Bugs in TWS Build 789

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Catoosa, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

I updated to TWS Build 789 and was unable to enter an order on my main trading page. I can click on the bid or ask and I do not get a drop down order line. None of my other trading pages have been effected with this bug.

Another bug: Once I transmit an order from a drop down order line, the focus on the line is lost and even clicking on the line will not restore the focus. This is a bad problem. I did this TWS upgrade on three different computers and found the same bugs on all.

I would recommend not updating to this latest TWS revision until more is known about problems with this build. It pay to not be the first one to update.

Catoosa

2. so far so good... over here

Ice:cool:

3. nitro

nitro

Hmmm,

I don't have any problems, but thanks for the heads up.

nitro

4. DanR

DanR

I have the same problems: do you know how to reinstall a previous version (I had the 783 that worked fine )?

5. I haven't tried it, but you might want to post the version of Java you are using so we can see if it is related (i.e. do those that have the problem vs. those that don't use the same version of Java).

6. DanR

DanR

I have vers. 1.4.0_01

7. Catoosa

Catoosa

I am using JAVA 1.4.1_02
    OS is Windows 98
    Dan R, what operating system are you using?

Catoosa

8. DanR

DanR

Windows 98,

BTW, I have deleted the page that did not work, have made a new one
    and now it seems that the orders can be regurarly submitted.

9. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have about 15 pages and have the focus problem on all pages.

Catoosa

10. Catoosa

Catoosa

I just downloaded TWS Build 789.8, was released in just the last few minutes, and it did not correct the focus problem. I have done more work with Builds 789.7, 789.8 and a previous version prior to build 789 on one of my older backup hard drives and found the following:

Build 789: I can click on a bid or offer and get a drop down order line. I click on the transmit button and get an open order. I then try to use my hot keys (F1, F2, F3, and F4) to change the price or volume of my order; But, the hot keys will not work because the focus has been lost on the order line. The only way to regain the focus is to use the mouse to left click on the order line.

Recent Builds Prior to Build 789: I can click on a bid or offer and get a drop down order line. I click on the transmit button and get an open order. I then try to use my hot keys (F1, F2, F3, and F4) to change the price or volume of my order and they will change the price and volume because the focus is still active on the order line (there is no need to use the mouse to left click on the order line to regain the focus).

My conclusion is my focus problem is related to the use of hot keys. As I recall we had this same problem several builds back and IB fixed the problem.

Catoosa

#10     Apr 10, 2003