Buffett's Partner: 'It's Over' for U.S. Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallStWhizKid, Feb 22, 2010.

1. #11     Feb 22, 2010
  2. I hate obama and wish he would fail, but be serious, bush and the repubs did great damage way before obama started raping america.

#12     Feb 22, 2010
  3. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

Mitt Romney did next to nothing as Governor of Massachusetts. He was rarely in state and was basically too bored to do the job after a few months. He didn’t run for reelection because he would have lost. As far as his business acumen, he had the Bain playbook. Buy a company, take it private, cut and cut again, hype, go public and sell it off. He actually made far less at Bain than many of the guys. He never built a company or created a job.

I would have loved to see him head the SEC like Joseph P Kennedy did and if he did a good job there, maybe I would take his presidency seriously. These Wall Street guys are just what the article is about

#13     Feb 22, 2010
  4. Quasimodo...mmm...that names rings a bell.

#14     Feb 22, 2010
  5. Ron Paul

#15     Feb 22, 2010
  6. Munger uses the form of a parable to explain how Wall Street’s love affair with gambling has destroyed America’s Main Street.
    -------------------------------------------------

Whazzup with pension funds, municpalities, etc buying the Wall Street game of currency bets and interest rate arbs. No players no game. Before we pass all the blame on wall street, no one and I mean no one twisted a fund managers arm to buy these shit derivatives now did they? Woo hoo buy this, you'll make an extra 50 bp (you greedy fuck) and they did buy and they did just what you'd expect - lose their ass.

I read that the Treasurer of Alabama blew off a Wall Street Salesman "Ya'll expect me to buy something I can't spell?" When pitched a derivative. good for him, not so dumb now is he?

#16     Feb 22, 2010
  7. We need a DRASTIC change in direction. Sure it will be painful... not as painful as "America goes bankrupt in an inferno of hyperinflation and currency devaluation", however.

If we pussyfoot along the same path much longer and just try to tweak it around the edges for political acceptance, we are still doomed.

:mad:

#17     Feb 22, 2010
  8. Illum

Illum

Ron Paul is definitely worth it. He claims he will end wars and reign in deficit. Is there anything else that will fix this mess? He may be full of it too, or he may not have the power once elected, but worth a shot.

#18     Feb 22, 2010
  9. What do you call all of our politicians at the bottom of the ocean? A good start. Ron Paul is not a politician. Ron Paul has all the right ideas, but is not the right man. We need a complete clean sweep. Everybody out, and new people in. Then we need to make it illegal for any company, foundation, corporation, or entity to give any politician money, punishable by death. We also need term limits for all congressmen and senators, and no retirement or health ins. coverage after office. Then do away with the IRS and impose a simple sales tax.

#19     Feb 22, 2010
  10. Ron Paul is just one man. Big money runs the country.

#20     Feb 22, 2010