Buffett's Birkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Back to 2002

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 29, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

What a hypocrite Warren Buffett is. I have zero respect for this asshole.

That’s right: As Americans for Limited Government President Bill Wilson notes, the company openly admits that it owes back taxes since as long ago as 2002.

It also cites outstanding tax issues for 2005 through 2009.

Obvious question: If Buffett really thinks he and his “mega-rich friends” should pay higher taxes, why doesn’t his firm fork over what it already owes under current rates?

Likely answer: He cares more about shilling for President Obama -- who’s practically made socking “millionaires and billionaires” his re-election theme song -- than about kicking in more himself.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...ypocrite_E3BsmJmeQVE38q2Woq9yjJ#ixzz1WRXV1TeR

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not surprising really. He's just another Geithner/Rangel who has no problem preaching the virtues of raising OTHER PEOPLES taxes while not paying his own.

3. =============
    I like thier bottom line;
    that is,the last line on that article, the NY Post. If they want to pay more taxes, they can write the US Treasury a check:D

4. pspr

pspr

In typical Democrat dogma, THEY don't want to pay more taxes. They want YOU to pay more taxes.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

6. If you can make more with the money you owe in taxes then the interest being charged by the IRS you do that.Buffet will pay the taxes and the US gets more in interest .The government is making more off the interest it is getting from Buffet then it is paying to investors in government debt so its a win win for everybody.This is basic shit people

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D OMFG!

So I can use this uh "logic" as my defense if I get audited for tax evasion?

8. As long as he files and says he owes money and the amount is correct there is nothing illegal about that.Its only illegal if he lies about how much he owes :)

9. rc8222

rc8222

Tim Geithner was probably Buffett's bookkeeper!

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's 100% false. And if everybody did that, this country would be shut down tomorrow. What a bonehead thing to say.

#10     Aug 29, 2011