Buffett to give fortune away

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by volatilitypimp, Jun 25, 2006.

1. cresta

cresta

Recently reported in FT........
    Buffet was aked how much money would be appropriate for him to leave to his kids and he replied " enough to do anything ,but not enough for them to do nothing.............!"

Trite ,but spot on.
    All things considered he seems ,as far as i can tell , a well rounded fellow,neither a saint or a sinner.Which I suppose is about what most of us can aspire to.........fair play to him.

#61     Jul 4, 2006
  2. It seems like God knows whose hands he puts money into. If only all the money in the world would go to people that would be philanthropic......

#62     Jul 5, 2006
  3. cash covered the nine inch nails song "hurt" ..so those lyrics are by trent reznor..

#63     Jul 5, 2006
  4. diputs

diputs

Has anyone been watching the 3 part series about Warren Buffett on the Charlie Rose show?

#64     Jul 12, 2006
  5. tireg

tireg

Yeah I saw one part of the the series yesterday. It was kind of a biography of Buffett's life. Charlie had some clips of his prior interview with Buffett's late wife as well.

#65     Jul 13, 2006
  6. I saw all 3 parts. Probably the best thing I've seen on TV all year.

Buffett's life is just extraordinary. Not only is he extremely successful, but he's got such a richness to his life.

I think that gets glossed over in all these "Trade like Warren Buffett" books and articles and this whole cottage industry that's devoted to him.

Who cares how much money you make. What's your quality of life like? That's the only thing that counts.

#66     Jul 15, 2006