Buffett to give fortune away

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by volatilitypimp, Jun 25, 2006.

1. bsmeter

bsmeter

This post was good for a laugh. How old is this Boy? My guess is no more than 16. I suggest you move out of Appalachia and into civilization.

#51     Jul 3, 2006
  2. MRWSM

MRWSM

Yeah, well what the hell are you?

Like I said, you should give your inheritance away if you feel like that. In fact you should give everything you have and while you are at it just max your credit card and give until it hurts. Don't worry, no matter how tough things get the ones you help are worse off.

In reality, most of these donations are wasted, disappear, end up paying overhead within the organization. Look at 9/11 and Katrina. So you can feel comfy that your donations did such good in the 3rd world.

In my opinion I think you're better off putting this money directly in the persons hands that you are helping. You won't be able to screw the government with tax deductions.

Of course I would never help out an anti-american idiot such as yourself.

#52     Jul 3, 2006
  3. Case in point.

#53     Jul 3, 2006
  4. You’re really missing the point in so many ways. The goal is to improve the world not to improve an individual’s wealth. You should ask your mommy and daddy for help they are the only people who will do that for you individually. The most retarded thing you said was they made the wealth in the US basically saying out countries did not help. A lot of the nice things we enjoy in America are because US companies take advantage of poorer countries. When you make a pairs of sneakers paying people 4 bucks a week to works and charge a $100 each sneaker isn’t something wrong. People in the world sometimes are born in to death. Tons suffer for Aids in Africa and if you don’t die from that you die from no food. Now if you want to change how wealth is distributed in the US that’s another topic and I would agree that wealth needs to be capped and spread out more evenly. I don’t see any reason on earth someone should make 100 million a year or be worth more then 2 billion dollars. Last but not last stop being dumb you can’t take money back from a foundation. They want to do something good and you’re turning it into something bad.

#54     Jul 3, 2006
  5. MRWSM

MRWSM

Ok, I'll give you that much. Although we all want to improve ourselves right here in this country and I know this is true otherwise we would have leveled the inequities a long time ago, and we'd be in the sewer with everyone else.
    I'm just saying that there is plenty of suffering right here, why not start by helping your family right here first.

If someone in my household needs help I'm not going to help the family down the street that needs more help. Maybe I'm wrong, you would probably let your family member crash and burn and help the family down the street.

#55     Jul 3, 2006
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

It is also harder to track the charity money goes to the 3rd world. I think charity starts from home. Whenever charity news about outside of US, I always will do a double check mentally to see if we need those charity money here too.

#56     Jul 3, 2006
  7. That’s what your parents are for. We have a ton of wealth in this country to help everybody the reason they are not helped is because people think like you. Why do people have 10 billion dollars and others have debt while living in a trailer working 50 hours a week. You need to address your government not buffet or gates. There goals seem to be giving people clean water to drink or basic vaccines we had for the past 50 years. Helping you is just making someone else rich but it doesn’t change the basic inequity in the world. I understand your points but it’s a government issue not charity issue. I was looking and its amazing the extreme of wealth between the high and low 1% even.

#57     Jul 3, 2006
  8. Buffet pays little tax because he has huge unrealized long-term gains on BRK. And stock he sells for current income will be at the max 15% cap gains rate.

Traveler

#58     Jul 3, 2006
  9. you got to give credit where dredit is due. its got to take balls of steel to give away 35 BILLION. B. tax break or not - the guy is a champ. If i had 40 billion - i'd maybe donate $30 or $40 dollars of it to unicef or something on an anuual basis. but id rather build a ski hill out of it and go naked downhill on it instead of giving it away.

#59     Jul 3, 2006
  10. Both great men especially Buffet making such a decision. Working as a programmer, I used to think Bill Gates is an asshole. Now I think he is a hero.... Who isn't an asshole anyway? Hey most great men in history did much worse things.

#60     Jul 3, 2006