Buffett Sees Little to Invest In

Discussion in 'Trading' started by misctrader, Oct 26, 2003.

1. You'll have to forgive, things trigger pretty slowly in my dumpster of a brain sometimes...

PEACE and good-speculation...

#21     Oct 27, 2003

2. ok, you are forgiven. LOL ! seriously, RICH does not mean SMART. just look at some of the arab sheiks, etc.

best,

surfer:)

#22     Oct 27, 2003
  3. Nordic

Nordic

An absolute classic Buffet description from a fellow ET member

MondoTrader
    Elite Member

03-04-03 02:38 PM

"Suddenly he seems to understand alot about tech when the price is low enough."

you got it.

To sell insurance, you want people to have fear. To be a vulture and get people to sell you things cheap, you want people to have fear. Buffett is preaching fear, he is a very shrewd man and he knows that his words effect the markets.

#23     Oct 27, 2003
  4. Seriously? you compare Buffet to a a rich arab, cause he was born in the right sheikdom and sitting atop oil???

JEEZ.....I suppose George Soros is the second dumbest billionaire on earth!

#24     Oct 27, 2003
  5. buffett is so rich that he can buy all you peons and still have money to burn

#25     Oct 27, 2003
  6. Tea

Tea

I'm sure Buffett is very smart. My problem is not with his brains but with his integrity.

Warren has made good stock picks - but his wealth has grown primarily because he doesn't pay taxes.

Buffett champions his buy and hold philosophy. Thats fine and I would not want to change the capital gains laws.

But, its not o.k. when Buffet then goes trying to suggest eliminating a homeowner taxbreak based on the long term holding of one's home.

He may be smart, he may have a homegrown, corn-pone, middle-America public image - but he is a hypocrite when he lectures others about paying their fair share of tax when he is the single biggest tax evader in the United States.

#26     Oct 27, 2003
  7. again buffet is operating well within the laws of the land.....you dont pay taxes on houses, apartment buildings, common stock, etc untill you sell it...... I'm sitting on situtations like that...are you saying I have no integrety?

ok....so after taxes berkshire is only worth maybe 80bill rather than 110bill and warren is only worth 26bill rather than 32...............you're right! he is a dumb s**t!

#27     Oct 27, 2003
  8. jem

jem

I agree with Tea, He and his cousin are a past their prime but they made some great tunes in the 70 and 80s.

#28     Oct 27, 2003
  9. Babak

Babak

Simple. marketsurfer doesn't like Buffett because his guru Niederhoffer doesn't like Buffett.

#29     Oct 27, 2003
  10. You all kill me! Knocking on a guy who made BILLIONS????? Does not pay taxes????? Buffett has sold more stock than I would ever DREAM of doing. He is the champion at buying values and selling them back at a premium. Sure, he holds his cash cows, but he sure as hell would sell everything he owns if a buyer would pay him what he wants.

#30     Oct 27, 2003