Buffett Sees Little to Invest In

Discussion in 'Trading' started by misctrader, Oct 26, 2003.

1. I never heard his comments....can you direct me to a source? It certainly doesn't sound like him...hes lived in the same house for years....and we all know his investment philosophy.....

#11     Oct 27, 2003
  2. Tea

Tea

Do a Google of "Proposition 13 Buffett" for more info. Here is one article:

http://www.foxnews.com.edgesuite.net/story/0,2933,94898,00.html

#12     Oct 27, 2003
  3. i place very little creedence in what buffett says / does. the dude is a dinosaur.

best,

surfer:)

#13     Oct 27, 2003
  4. Thanks...I just saw the comments.....I live in Florida....where the same situation occurs.....and is beginning to garner attention....I pay $6000 in property taxes for my home on the water which i purchased 10 years ago....a new buyer paying market prices for my home or one down the road will pay $16000. Is that fair? I don't think so, put obviously I won't protest either.

So am I a hypocrite?

#14     Oct 27, 2003
  5. Yeah right....he isn't as sharp as the boys at ENE, Tyc, CMGI, razf, etc.

#15     Oct 27, 2003

6. he's rich, but not sharp. there is a difference. where did i compare him with the internet crowd ??

best,

#16     Oct 27, 2003
  7. Brother Surf,

Out of nearly 3,000 posts -- that is by far the most ridiculous one you have ever made... I suppose you are allowed a few though, here and there... Just make sure not to make a habit of this!

PEACE and good-specul8tion...

#17     Oct 27, 2003

8. get the joke, spec. but, if you don't, why is the post ridiculous ?

best,

surfer :eek:

#18     Oct 27, 2003
  9. Brother Surf,

So your posts were in jest? They better have been or I will have to school you on why our boy Buffet is one sharp old geezer. BTW I have over 50billion couter-arguments to throw at you, so you better concede now! :mad:

PEACE and good-specul8tion brother Surf...

#19     Oct 27, 2003

10. the presentation of the post was in jest---" the wording" to be exact--- but who cares .... i still think buffett is a joker and do not care for him regardless of his success. if he started now, he would be a failure.

best,

#20     Oct 27, 2003