Buffett says US in 'economic Pearl Harbor'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dividend, Jan 18, 2009.

1. he's a market limit order just waiting to happen

#21     Jan 19, 2009
  2. Euler

Euler

Is this "net net" really objective, or even what a shareholder should care about? BRK.A, as far as its trading price is concerned, has significantly outperformed cash since 1998, at least nominally:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BRK-A&t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Of course, taking inflation into account (whatever the "true" inflation has been since 1998, another subjective stat I suppose), maybe it's a wash.

#22     Jan 19, 2009
  3. Euler

Euler

Markets I trade, "market limit order" would be an oxymoron :D What do you mean by that?

#23     Jan 19, 2009
  4. talknet

talknet

USA army should over-throw the government and gain 100% control over USA administration. Barak Obama & his team is too weak, incompetent and useless.

George Bush was the Best-ever USA President.

What further improvements and better policies can Barak Obama make which George Bush could not make. It is a dead end and there is no way out. It's over.

#24     Jan 19, 2009
  5. You are talking gibberish. Buffett has been a Democrat since early adulthood, before and during his massive accumulation of wealth. His mind has remained remarkably intact throughout.

#25     Jan 19, 2009
  6. buffet didnt really say anything in that article - it is classic '2 minutes buffet'

and now, 2 minutes buffet

Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....Buffett....'The Oracle of Omaha'...

#26     Jan 19, 2009
  7. Buffett's investments in GS and GE are very misunderstood. He invested billions into each company at 10% guaranteed interest with an option to buy warrants at a fixed price. He has not lost a dime in either of these companies and the only way he can lose money is if they default on their interest payments. Warrants are an option to buy a stock at a certain price over a certain time, not an obligation to do so. Pretty smart if you ask me, especially since the USG will not either of these companies fail. Mr. Buffett is getting a guaranteed 10%.

#27     Jan 19, 2009

8. Yes you are correct, but is that 10% on what the current share price is?

"Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.A, BRK.B) agreed to buy $5 billion in perpetual preferred Goldman shares that pay 10% interest. In addition, Berkshire receives warrants giving it the right to buy $5 billion worth of Goldman’s common shares at any time over the next five years at a price of $115 per share. The shares closed Tuesday at $125.05 and yesterday (Wednesday) at $133, up $7.95, or 6.36%, each.

"Goldman Sachs is an exceptional institution," Buffett said in a statement. "It has an unrivaled global franchise, a proven and deep management team and the intellectual and financial capital to continue its track record of outperformance." "

http://www.moneymorning.com/2008/09/25/warren-buffett-goldman-sachs/

#28     Jan 19, 2009
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

What he meant that BRK.A hit 80 K back in 98 and so did it again 3 months ago, thus you can look at it that in 10 years it went nowhere....

#29     Jan 19, 2009
  10. Daal

Daal

I think either buffett is losing his touch or he is learning some of the flaws in his method. I posted about this on the link in my profile

#30     Jan 19, 2009