Buffett saw merits of Occupy Wall St

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jlryan87, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jlryan87

jlryan87

2. "Sir Isaac might well have gone on to discover the fourth law of motion: For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases.

----------------------

I recently sold some stock in an odd account. Automatic phone transaction, "if you sell at market today, it will cost you "$$$", if you sell tomorrow it will cost you "$ ".

Next up , if you want your check in 1-3 days it will cost you $$$ if you want your check in 5-10 days it will cost you "$".

Then you get to the bank and deposit the check "$$$" and of course only "$" is available in the next 10 minutes, after 2 days 2 hours and 10 minutes, then you can access "$$". Some point in the near future you can have the rest of your money, even in cash if you give ten days notice.

3. Reminds me of "Where Are the Customers Yachts?", but at least it is consistent with his belief in investing.

Soros advocating reform of the capital markets, after he has made his money, thank you, is a bit rich - I've done it, I'm happy I have the money, but really we should not let others do it now because it's not good.