Buffett......I don't get it !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by taodr, May 20, 2003.

1. taodr

taodr

The only reason an intelligent person goes to Macd's in to use the washroom. For the "value" you get it's a ripoff.

#21     May 20, 2003
  2. From the above article:

So, don't be fooled by Buffett's populist diatribe. Considering that he is so passionate against the dividend tax cut that he is willing to write an op-ed piece in the Post and trek up to Washington to lecture legislators, there's got to be more to it than some overwhelming sympathy for the ordinary American.

I'm all for the Oracle taking shrewd actions to benefit himself and his investments, but people here have got to call a spade a spade.

#22     May 20, 2003
  3. taodr

taodr

Oh by the way about eating at macs. Canada has just announced mad cow in one alberta cow. One million pounds of beef are imported into Us from Canada a year. At this point maybe no Alberta beef goes to bigmacs but in any event the US has supended all meat imports from Canada into US.

#23     May 20, 2003
  4. bozwood

bozwood

Do people here really believe he is worried about being pressured regarding the payment of dividends? He has been pressured for years and he is going to do what he wants, as he always has. It's all about ROC to him.

#24     May 20, 2003
  5. Buffet is a cross dresser......and if he cared so much about the little guy, the least he could do is at least one or two stock splits so a poor man can afford to buy one f-ing share of his berkshire hath......Can't the poor black share cropper get hsi expertise for say, Oh 100.00 per share????

#25     May 20, 2003
  6. sempai

sempai

Berkshire Hathaway Class B shares, which track the Class A shares are currently trading at $2,400 per share. Get together with some of your poor friends and you can all chip in together for a share or two.

#26     May 20, 2003
  7. can't he do a 10-1 split so the minimum wage workers at the shoe factory can buy 2 shares each????....

#27     May 20, 2003
  8. sempai

sempai

If they can have a pool for lottery tickets and such, why not stock?

#28     May 20, 2003
  9. gms

gms

Doesn't affect me, I'm a helicopter.

#29     May 20, 2003
  10. they already do....it's called a hedge fund or a mutual fund

#30     May 20, 2003