Buffett going 100% long stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cutten, Oct 17, 2008.

1. LOL i love these posts

#31     Oct 17, 2008
  2. Amen

#32     Oct 18, 2008
  3. "He said he was adding stocks to his personal investment account, which typically holds hundreds of millions of dollars and, until recently, contained only US government bonds. If prices remain cheap, he wrote, “my non-Berkshire net worth will soon be 100 per cent in United States equities”."

does it mean that his personal account <$1B? the dude is not risking much i must say.

#33     Oct 18, 2008
  4. The plane did not even need to go hit WTC bldg 7.........remember the NEW american math......

"2 PLANES > 3 BUILDINGS"

:eek:

#34     Oct 18, 2008

5. If I was writing on skyoe right now, I would probably write this (rock) :D

#35     Oct 20, 2008
  6. 4XQs

4XQs

The thing with Buffet is that he is relying on the markets to eventually bounce back. What's he been at the game for- 40-50 years?

You just have to look further back in history - 1929 for instance - and see that just being long sooner or later will be disasterous.

Now, what's going to happen from here is not a given - but one possible outcome is that we keep on sliding for 10 years. Where's his stocks gonna be at then?

I'm not saying he isn't smart, however. His GS investment is going to give him free money thanks to the corrupt Paulson.

#36     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Buffett is right

#37     Oct 20, 2008

8. There are always pros and cons in life. This is not an exception, I would say.

#38     Oct 21, 2008
  9. Mecro

Mecro

The fact that he is so in the public spotlight should be a hint that his rags to riches story is doubtful to be true. There is an untold tale behind him.

His current statements (with conflicts of interests) and association with the globalist confirm that.

#39     Oct 21, 2008
  10. .

#40     Oct 21, 2008