Buffett and Gates say no correlation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cgroupman, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Sure is. I owe you a shitload. And you owe my brother a shitload. And he owes me a shitload.

#11     Jan 27, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

I think Bill Gates and Warren Buffett should appear on NBC's "Fear Factor" until they fess up to the truth.

"Fear Factor" producers' plans to serve fresh glasses of donkey semen to contestants on the next episode had NBC execs so concerned ... they gave serious thought to killing the stunt, TMZ has learned.

Sources involved in the production tell us the stomach-churning stunt was shot last summer -- but NBC honchos were having a tough time swallowing this one as the air date approached.

We're told the challenge involved teams of twins drinking the full glass of donkey semen -- with a glass of urine thrown in for good measure. Contestants had to drain both glasses in order to move on to the next round.

Our sources say NBC execs had multiple pow-wows in the months after the stunt was shot ... but eventually gave FF producers the thumbs up.

#12     Jan 27, 2012
  3. I know, I heard that. Can't say which is more disgusting, well actually I can, but them doing it or NBC okaying it. Yuk.

Free enterprise and free speech? Yuk again.

c

#13     Jan 27, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

I can't imagine doing either. But I would pay good money to see Warren and Bill give it a try. :D

#14     Jan 27, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Just out of curiosity, if they are so keen on the rich paying more, why is it they do not voluntarily practice what they preach? The IRS allows anyone to make donations to the U.S. Treasury at any time they so well choose.

#15     Jan 27, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

That's a foolish argument, and you're smart enough to know better.

#16     Jan 27, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Please don't confuse the market going up with the belief that the economy is getting better. As has been said hundreds of times, it is the money supply driving the market, not the economic future.

If the Fed suddenly reversed it's free money policy tomorrow, the market would dive like a missile.

#17     Jan 27, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

The problem of freeriders. No one wants to be alone when they make sacrifice, it does not seem fair. Which is why inequality is bad, because the inevitable, periodic suffering that Life imposes on us all is not equally shared in a highly stratified society, but more importantly, it's viewed as unfairly shared.

#18     Jan 27, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

He knows that. He just lives for the sound bite. There's no percentage in being the only guy not peeing in the pool. For it to work, everyone has to play.

#19     Jan 27, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't think it's foolish at all. If I wanted to show that I supported something, I would practice it. It's like Al Gore running all around the country screaming about global warming as he takes his private jet.

If you believe in the principle, show it.

Buffet and Gates made all of their money already. They don't care what the income tax rate gets pushed to. Shall we review Buffet's tax choices? He could have made choices to classify the majority of his income as just that - income, rather than capital gains. That would have put him in a higher tax bracket.

He did what he did because it resulted in lower income taxes, yet "the horror of the system's inequality" forced him - at gun point, eh - to pay the lower number.

What a crock.

#20     Jan 27, 2012