Buffet's holdings as of June 30th

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Covertibility, Oct 25, 2005.

1. I saw an interview a while back, he was asked why he doesn't give more to charity, given his huge wealth, etc. -- paraphrasing, his answer was that he will, later, but he can do more good by managing the money now and giving it later, than by giving it along the way. based on his track record, his argument certainly has merit.

as for what good his money is, if he doesn't spend it -- it buys him freedom, a privilege still available to the rich in america. he may live in a shack in the middle of nowhere, but he can live wherever he wants to, and could pick up and move just about anywhere at the drop of a hat.

#21     Oct 26, 2005
  2. $30bb to pick up and move at the drop of a hat... Let's be real, he's a rich douche that made some right decisions and stacks his cheese waiting to pass away and endow some institution that will piss away the money for him.

he should support the economy by spending/dividend some of that $50bb brk has stashed away! if he can't invest it certainly some brk shareholders can find some smaller productive ventures to pursue!

#22     Oct 26, 2005
  3. swcom

swcom

If my broker will let me have 10,000:1 margin, I could do some damage!:)

#23     Oct 26, 2005