Buffet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NUTSNEAL, Mar 8, 2004.

1. So a trader that you hold in high esteem suddenly blows out, and from that moment on you'll thumb your nose at him? Why not try learning from his mistake, along with everything else he had to offer you before that moment? Those great traders who have put themselves out there and have taught countless others in the game will always deserve my respect regardless.

#51     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Diode

Diode

Jesse Livermore blew out a few times, yet "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" is still considered required reading in our profession.

#52     Mar 11, 2004
  3. aradiel

aradiel

Cmon, stop teasing us, where is the link of those Buffet letters ?:)

#53     Mar 11, 2004
  4. Harry

Harry

Does Niederhoffer have a website where you can see his results?

Thanks,
    Harry

#54     Mar 11, 2004
  5. What do you mean? If you want to read his shareholder letters, just go to BRK's website. All the letters and annual reports are there.

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/

#55     Mar 11, 2004
  6. aradiel

aradiel

Thats what I meant, thank you sir.

#56     Mar 11, 2004
  7. No, I want to see his palacial estates outside of Omaha.

#57     Mar 11, 2004
  8. i agree

#58     Mar 11, 2004
  9. Arnie

Arnie

This is a quote from an article I found at Newsmax.com

Forbes' prediction came true Friday, when Buffett told the Wall Street Journal that property taxes in California are too low and suggested that Prop. 13 ought to be undone.

Buffett cited the inequity of property taxes he pays on his homes in Omaha, Neb., and Laguna Beach, Calif., and said the California cap on property taxes imposed by Prop. 13 "makes no sense."

His $500,000 house in Omaha has a tax bill of $14,401. His $4 million house in Laguna Beach has a tax bill of $2,264. The taxes on his Omaha home increased $1,920 this year, compared with $23 on the Laguna Beach home, he said.

#59     Mar 11, 2004
  10. Buffet has owned this home in Laguna beach for quite some time - decades - and readily refers to it

I would be interested in hearing about the other palatial estates that aren't talked about...

#60     Mar 11, 2004