Buffet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NUTSNEAL, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Even God has critics.

#41     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Marketsurfer - what factors make you think that Buffett's success is down to luck?

#42     Mar 10, 2004
  3. bro59

bro59

NV sure comes across as an arrogant fellow. I can almost feel his nose turn up at my lack of an ivy league education as I look at a picture of him. No doubt at all that he has skills however.

WB sure is a lot easier to like. Especially for the "common" man. Perhaps that's a large component of his genius.

#43     Mar 10, 2004
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

IVEY LEAGUE? NOT NVs MBA.......its not IVEY LEAGUE....its MIDEWEST LEAGUE all be it , it is the UofC. NV is far from what you picture, in fact Buffet is far more of a pompes ARSE.

How do i know.....lets just say i have had the pleasure of forming a relationship with one of them and have been exposed to discusions about the other from many diffrent indivduals whom deal with both.

Buffet is in this months FORBES.......Buffet is succesful and he is a influence. However, to asume he is "the Peoples" kind of guy and NV is not, is absoulty wrong.

If you have any doubts, IM surfer, i introduced him to one of these gentalmen and he has forged a good relationship with him, hell, they meet twice a year at "HIS"expense to chit chat about the markets, life, etc.

Both are successful people in the markets, one is a trader takes on more risk, the other is a value kind of guy. looking for longer term growth......less risk.....

#44     Mar 10, 2004
  5. absolutely, er. thanks again for the introduction .

take it easy,

surfer :) :)

#45     Mar 10, 2004
  6. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say ER knows NV, cause he sure as hell doesnt know Buffet.

#46     Mar 10, 2004
  7. Surf-

Can you point me to any type of article anywhere about any of Buffetts villas? I just do not believe that.

I won't pass judgement on VN's trading. I do know that he bored me half to death in his book. One of the few that i have ever not been able to complete.

I know that Buffett is a brilliant man. I have read all his letters dozens of times. Who cares if all his ideas come from others. I use many of his ideas on a regular basis.

I don't like all his politics. That doesn't bother me. He clearly knows how to make money. Random chance just cannot explain what he's done. Talk about mathematically impossible.

Harris:.

#47     Mar 10, 2004
  8. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

VN book bord the shit out of me as well.....lol..... i ll give you that.

Weather patterns, electric currents, Squawsh.......chess......that is all i remember from the book.

But, nevertheless, I have respect for the person that he is.....very humbol and very much "out there".

#48     Mar 10, 2004
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

In fact one time, a few years ago, i suggest that NV was not only humbol but that he needed a hit from some HOBOLT, (as in HOMBOLT COUNTY KIND BUD), lol........i dont think he got what i ment.....oh well....

#49     Mar 10, 2004
  10. Mecro

Mecro

If VN blew out the fund, how in the world can you respect him.

It's amazing how people focus on these great successes of VN, completely ignoring the fact that he BLEW OUT. That means he lost EVERYTHING. Lucky for him it was not his money, just some poor investors.

Let's take a look at the cowboy monkeys that made MILLIONS in 1999. Nowdays they cannot make a dime. Would you still call them great traders since they made so much in the bubble years? I mean how can you deny that they made sick money trading.

#50     Mar 10, 2004