Buffet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NUTSNEAL, Mar 8, 2004.

1. yes, Vic is doing very nicely this year. he may just become top dog once again, if he so chooses........

surfer:) :cool:

#21     Mar 9, 2004
  2. MRWSM

MRWSM

Buffet might not be a Daytrader, but he is a Trader. Just look at how he goes in and out of investments like LVLT, sounds like trading to me or at least long term investing. But he does go into them as forever investments and then 6 months down the line dumps when beneficial sometimes.

His net worth went up 40% last year, an extraordinary percent for a Billionaire. He will over take Bill Gates in a few months if not sooner.

But he is very greedy by suggesting higher insurance premiums for the middle class so he can get a few extra billion. Thank him in addition to Bin Ladin for your ridiculously high insurance for homes & automobiles. He also wants to raise property tax and income tax, that's why Arnold makes him do situps whenever he opens his mouth.

Regardless, I have huge respect for the guy, he is an inspiration.

#22     Mar 9, 2004
  3. Correction. Niederhoffer is a joke. Anyone comparing Niederhoffer ("Down with hope" litterally) to Buffett is the true joker.

#23     Mar 9, 2004

4. WB maintains a small ranch house, that i believe he lists as his primary residence, while actually living in a series of opulent villas---this is purely a publicity ploy to fool the middle class and it makes me ill.

i am totally supportive of buffett living very large, but when he trys to mislead the average joe, he deserves to be slammed.

surfer

#24     Mar 9, 2004

5. niederhoffer was the number one ranked hedge fund manager in the world for several years. he rose out of humble beginings to super stardom in the investment / trading world on the basis of his intelligence and verve. he lives a life most of us can only aspire to, PLUS he attempts to teach his lessons hard learned to those who will listen.

vic is far from being a joker, he is the real deal,an inspiration--one of the last living heros of this game.

surfer

#25     Mar 9, 2004
  6. Mecro

Mecro

I like the dramatic posts.

#26     Mar 9, 2004
  7. Come on Surfer, the guy is a gambler, have you read his books ? Would you give this guy any of your money to invest? Ask his children if they would. Has no conception of risk and has a real problem taking losses.

#27     Mar 9, 2004
  8. Diode

Diode

"Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market."

My opinion, from reading his books: Niederhoffer wants to be the underdog who pulls off a brilliant win against all odds. I think he blew out when he did so that he could start all over again. He's a guy you would want to invest with when everyone else has just written him off, and pull your money out right after he's clawed his way back, before he gets bored with success.

(But don't invest all your money with him.)

#28     Mar 9, 2004
  9. I don't know what this man wants? Bash the president and be the president?

#29     Mar 9, 2004
  10. MRWSM

MRWSM

Actually the fact that he drives old cars and lives in a shack is one thing I really really hate about him. If anyone should be spending money it should be him, the economy could use it. I also dislike his opinions on inheritence, he thinks inheritence is a privately funded charity. Not sure if he's changed his mind but last I heard he makes his kids sign legal documents for loans, even made his daughter write him a check for $20 when he paid her parking fee.

He doesn't know of any charity that is properly run that deserves a donation, yet he says it's better in his hands so he can make it grow and then they will get more at the end.

Only thing that I respect and inspires me about him is his accomplishments. I can't say I agree with his opinions at all.

#30     Mar 10, 2004