Buffet was wrong has now lost millions!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaosclarity, Oct 5, 2011.

1. This is very true, his core companies are not going to last under the current structure. His B shares now trade at marketably reasonable levels, but we still have A shares that he will not split because he'd like to get a little discount on smaller lots for his shareholders by his relationship with the New York Stock Exchange.

#41     Oct 6, 2011
  2. For Pete's sake the guy is taking a little heat.

Judge him when the trade is over.

FoN

#42     Oct 6, 2011
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What does this mean?

He only split the B shares because he needed them to buy the railroad. The reason he never split the A shares is that he didn't want them to become trading vehicles. He only created the B shares to dissuade others from creating lower priced etf's out of his stock.

The google people have publicly said they intend to do the same thing: Never split their stock.

#43     Oct 6, 2011
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think it's jealousy. People are jealous that he made billions and talks in simple terms and doesn't use head and shoulder graphs and fancy workstations with a hundred monitors.

#44     Oct 6, 2011
  5. Not sure what it is but I think its quite funny when the "Elite Traders" criticize the best trader/investor of all time.

FoN

#45     Oct 6, 2011
  6. The B Share A Share structure gives a slight discount to purchasers of B Shares than A Shares. That was my understanding and now that the B Shares have been split there should be a slightly greater discount than before.

#46     Oct 7, 2011
  7. I wonder how his options betting on America are doing and what they will look like in a few years.

#47     Oct 7, 2011
  8. Are you telling me he managed to avoid paying his fair share of taxes again by using the capital loss loophole!

His secretary is likely to be really mad about this.

#48     Oct 7, 2011
  9. Looks like BAC is on the move again and guess what? It aint up. For giggles lets predict the share price of BAC in 14 months? I believe Buffet will keep buying more as the shares crater and then finally selling at the low. This is his worst trade ever!!!

#49     Oct 7, 2011
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What's your track record been on stock picking over the last 40 years?

#50     Oct 7, 2011