Buffet: US is in recession

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Mar 3, 2008.

1. But the longs should be happy because Warren Buffett still said he is looking to BUY bargain stocks, whereas technicians are now saying "look out below", the DOW is going to 12,000 & under. I have no comments for trading... but seriously for investing long term, I will NOT buy&hold anything unless the Dow goes to test 10,000 & show some respectable reversal. (I won't buy/hold at 12,000, no way!). This market is now a BEAR market & is in SERIOUS trouble with institutions dumping left & right at every "dead cat bounce".
    We are going to 10,000 in the LT for sure. Mini rallies & dead cat bounce are for the big boys to sell sell sell! This is another "bubble bust" as in the year 2000.

#21     Mar 4, 2008

2. The US will be fine because its biggest asset, the american people. are innately honest and hard working.

I've traveled almost all parts of the globe. The reason most third world nations are dirt poor shit holes are simply because the average population are conniving crooks. Good leaders can never come out of a dis-honest unlawful population.

What Americans need to do, is eradicate neo-conservatives and the AIPAC cult from the american govt.

My good southern buddies privately talk about something drastic in the order of making a list and then lining them all up and having them shot by firing squad. That may be a little harsh, but the only way to cure cancer is to excise it. Whichever method is used, it won't be pretty. The average american is the honest gullible type, but many are beginning to wake up.

#22     Mar 4, 2008
  3. say hello to my little friend-HE IS CALLED THE AMERO AND THE NORTH AMERICAN UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somthing catastrophic needed to take place to usher in the ______________________________ you fill in the blank
    clue: its on the dollar bill-(novus ordo seclorum)-think i spelled it right-oh btw-all the profit taking is lining the pokets of those getting ready to rebuild solomons temple on the dome of the rock site in J-town Israel-follow the money trail-------oh just joking,do not take me serious -im a dummy who stopped taking his meds in grade school - but... what if??????????????????????????????????
    awwwwwwwwwwww sheeeeet-hello Costa Rica and all the Israeli's in exile-everyone else too!

#23     Mar 4, 2008
  4. are there any articles that attempt to calculate what inflation would be based on how it used to calculated?

#24     Mar 4, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Not enough waking, and not soon enough.

#25     Mar 4, 2008

6. One decent source I have found - and of course, use your own judgement - is a blog by John Williams: Shadow Government Statistics.

He has some interesting articles, and a calculator - pre Boskin Commission. He makes some decent points.

He even takes a stab at measuring M3 - which the Federal Reserve stopped reporting early '06.

http://www.shadowstats.com/

#26     Mar 4, 2008
  7. When good companies buy their shares back; and bad companies sell; it is not good indicator for the market; very worrisome.

#27     Mar 6, 2008