Buffet says the anti bailout crowd are retards

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Sep 25, 2008.

1. being against a bailout makes you a communist

that's a new twist of logic

#21     Sep 25, 2008
  2. This just in, Liz Claman has huge breasttttsssssss!!!:p
    More cleavage please!

#22     Sep 25, 2008
  3. that's because she's an old sow

#23     Sep 25, 2008
  4. dtan1e

dtan1e

his retard statement is probably addressed to every one who work for him, laughing all the way to the bank, ha ha ha, retards, work harder for me, not just u but also your kids, ha ha ha, retards !!!

#24     Sep 25, 2008
  5. how bad can the economy really be getting?

they're predicting a worker shortage, arent they?

How bad can things really be, when wall street cant take a day off from lobbying for foreign workers?

House Judiciary Com. to Vote Today on Foreign-Worker Bills
    Updated Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 10:00 AM

Public Notice for Markup Given in Dead of Night Yesterday

The House Judiciary Committee will take up two foreign-worker bills today: H.R. 5882, which would add an additional 550,000 permanent green cards; and H.R. 5924, which would add 20,000 additional foreign nurses per year for three years (plus their families). Please contact your U.S. Representative through the Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121) and ask him/her to do everything possible to stop the passage of these bills. The Committee waited until late last night to give notice for the markup, presumably in an effort to avoid public scrutiny.

H.R. 5882 – "Recapturing Unused Employer-Sponsored Visas"
    This legislation is similar to the measure that Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is using to hijack debate on E-Verify reauthorization in the Senate. The bill’s sponsor, Immigration Subcommittee Chairman Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif), claims it would “recapture unused employer-sponsored visas” from as far back as 1991 and then add them to the current numerical cap of 140,000 employer-sponsored visas that are available each year. Current law, however, clearly states that any employer-sponsored visas not used in one year are allocated to the family-preference categories in the following year. That means that there are no “unused” visas from past years to “recapture

http://www.numbersusa.com

#25     Sep 25, 2008
  6. #26     Sep 25, 2008
  7. I love how she is snapping her fingers at the camera guy; she is a real ice princess. On a serious note WTF, did anyone stop to think that this bailout shit won't work, market keeps going down even though shorting 600+ stocks is illegal. Further, with my limited understanding of CDS (credit default swaps) like naked shorting, there is more of this bullshit than there is money in the economy; who the fuck is going to bail that out there is not enough money in the system. They really screwed the pooch with this one. Why do you think Barclays bought out a chunk of LEH, I doubt it was due to the awesome Manhattan location.

#27     Sep 25, 2008
  8. They're hoping it will get them past the election. With the Republican party loosing so many seats this year, plus the top seat, they'll blame it on the Democrats when we have bread lines next year. They'll craft up some shit like "We had a plan but the Democrats got in there and ..."

I'm a registered Republican. I'll be God damned if I'm voting for a Republican. George Bush and Hank Paulson should be tried for Treason.

#28     Sep 25, 2008
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Of course the bailout is good, as long as it is done with knowledgeable oversight. All you have to do is consider the alternative to realize what a good idea this bailout is. But, of course, it is not painless.

If you think back to what happened in the depression you can contrast the result of no bailout (Hoover) versus bailout (The New Deal). How can anyone think that we can just let things slide, or just go after the bad guys and let the institutions and banks fail? That's just crazy!

#29     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Ok let's say we don't pass the bailout, what specifically happens?

#30     Sep 25, 2008