Buffet says the anti bailout crowd are retards

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Buffett is right of course - but he was also right when he warned of derivative Armageddon and Wall Street didn't care because the money was too good.

And he should know - because he stepped in to help during LongTerm Capital Mgmt's meltdown.

You'd think the gov't would have learned a bit from that 1st example of overleveraged bailout. But then, the money was too good.

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. have you read jim cramers blog at cnbc ?

He says bailout is good for economy and American homes.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26857498

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. eagle

eagle

The 700 is just for helping some companies to survive, not stopping of the falling house prices. Mr. Buffet has a self-interest. This solution is yet not a sure thing, not all Congress members are convinced that it's going to work. And Mr. Buffet said something like that is certainly an insult to some legislators as well as American people who voted for them.

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. Buffet, Icahn and other whales make plenty of mistakes. We all think we're right when we put a trade on or we would not have put the trade on.

Buffet is chasing soverign money just like he did with PetroChina. He made good money on that one.

There is a philosophy at the top of the food chain - the way to make money is to have people do things for you. Buffet is getting every American taxpayer to work for him on this one.

#14     Sep 25, 2008

5. I have found that the truth normally lies at 180º to the original statement ... the rest is just subterfuge.

regards
    f9

#15     Sep 25, 2008
  6. Cramer is for the bailout? There isn't a better reverse indicator.
    That's all the information I needed. I'm against.

#16     Sep 25, 2008
  7. wave

wave

#17     Sep 25, 2008
  8. Gross & Buffett are financial predators. Of course they are talking their books. It would be naive to mistake their utterances to be anything other than protecting their self interests. Whether it is good or bad for America is irrelevant. These men smell blood and they know how to manipulate the media to help them score yet another home run.

#18     Sep 25, 2008
  9. eagle

eagle

I didn't get it. Where is the logic in Earth, unless we're living in Paradise, telling that we can artificially avoid recession.

#19     Sep 25, 2008
  10. G-Boa

G-Boa

If only the taxpayer would get similar terms as the Buffett the businessman.

$5bn @ 10% preferreds

$700bn @ uh, what's the donation rate these days??

#20     Sep 25, 2008