Buffet says Crude has peaked

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by mhashe, Aug 19, 2005.

1. the market says, there's been some heavy covering. but do the math. he's probably short from the top (or before), and all the way down. his average cost may very well still be higher.

#11     Aug 20, 2005
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

damn right.

this is what i think when i read stuff like this.....

1/ buffet, serious market wise guy isnt about to show his hand is he - self defeating i think.

2/ say youre selling in public. all the et suckers (& every one else to takes tips like this) start shorting damn quick to get ahead of the man himself - cos there so street wise!!!

3/ buffet happily picks up those offers cos he knows its going to the moon.

what does buffet, soros, fred bloggs or any other wizard gain from revealing their hand? ego? getting a name for your self? do you really think these guys give a hoot what others think of them, or do you think they have the self confidence and assuredness not to give a damn (quite frankly honey)

no thanks. these things tend to be self defeating.

take it easy.

#12     Aug 20, 2005
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

p.s. - im still trying to sell those crude $105 calls to goldman sachs. they wont take my calls anymore!! b*stards.

:cool:

perhaps ill get buffets number out of rolodex as hes clearly a buyer.

:D

#13     Aug 20, 2005
  4. Soros seems to have sold at the bottem of the last pullback a few monthes ago and he lost almost a billion. The stocks made new highs in August.

#14     Aug 20, 2005
  5. i have always wonered if these terrorists try to fund themselves with positions in oil,bonds or whatever. even a small attack on an oil installation could make them a bundle.

#15     Aug 20, 2005
  6. Thats a prediction, may or may not be true at all ,most are not ;
    Jim Rogers probably has a much better % forcasting in commodities .:cool:

#16     Aug 20, 2005
  7. Uh huh. Let's see now....Buffett let the word out that he may be selling so that everyone could front run him? :D There evidently is no limit to gullibility these days.

OldTrader

#17     Aug 20, 2005
  8. mhashe

mhashe

Actually I already was of the opinion that Crude is at a topping stage. We're at the blow-off stages.

#18     Aug 20, 2005
  9. Quark

Quark

...and is he still long silver from around $7?

#19     Aug 21, 2005
  10. don't know if that's a 5th up or not, but crude is definitely in panic-buy mode.

from peak to puke would be cool.

#20     Aug 21, 2005