Buffet rules out double dip recession amid growth

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Kassz007, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Everyone has an opinion on the man. Good and bad.. He used to never give interviews, now he cannot wait to open his yapper.
    Personally, he adds nothing of value in his comments from my perspective as I can see the "lay of the land" so to speak without his pronouncements.
    As to your question, maybe his time has come to groom the upcomers, which would be far more noble at his age than shilling.

#21     Sep 14, 2010
  2. Arnie

Arnie

He's most likely right. Do you really think we will see 2 consecutive qrts of neg growth?

And 10% UE isn't what it used to be. 1 in 5 Americans get some sort of govt check. With Obama and the Dems running things, its prbably closer to 1 in 4, or will be soon.

The more likely scenario is a real slow slog. Some sectors will do OK, others won't. I'm betting we see inflation, and that's bullish. :D

#22     Sep 14, 2010
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

And how long will that be sustainable...until we're forced to cut back like Greece...or Cuba?

#23     Sep 14, 2010
  4. Why the sudden concern for his fund's continuity? (Do you have a stake in it?) As it is, you don't seem to respect him all that much.

#24     Sep 14, 2010
  5. Larson

Larson Guest

No, never invested in it. Just my worthless opinion after watching him over the years. No question he is one hell of a businessman and investor. I admire that aspect. Lately, he is a nuisance with the shilling.

#25     Sep 14, 2010
  6. #26     Sep 14, 2010
  7. Okay. But judging by his cumulative record, I think he has earned about as much right as anyone, if not more than most, to speak his mind. As the third richest man in the world who has kept his integrity intact for the first eight decades of his life, do you really think he is selling out now by shilling?

#27     Sep 14, 2010
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

Certainly. Obviously, he is using it to great" personal" benefit now though.

#28     Sep 14, 2010
  9. Ash1972

Ash1972

For God's sake the man has $40 BILLION in the stock market. Like, duh, which way do you think he wants it to go?

#29     Sep 14, 2010
  10. rew

rew

How can we have a double dip recession when we never got out of the first dip?

#30     Sep 14, 2010