Buffet rules out double dip recession amid growth

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Kassz007, Sep 13, 2010.

1. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Buffe...tml?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

“I am a huge bull on this country,” Buffett, Berkshire’s chief executive officer, said today in remarks to the Montana Economic Development Summit. “We will not have a double-dip recession at all. I see our businesses coming back almost across the board.”

“I’ve seen sentiment turn sour in the last three months or so, generally in the media,” Buffett said. “I don’t see that in our businesses. I see we’re employing more people than a month ago, two months ago.”

“It’s night and day from a year, year and a half ago,” Buffett said. “I know Wells Fargo, they would love to have $50 billion more of loans now. Go in and talk to the banker.”

2. Yawwwn.

Oh yea this guy say's ,"In the hedge fund world, Jim Simons is all but a legend." Markets will not fall much further.

Meanwhile, very little money flowing into the Market. A boat load of people and companies sitting on cash.

Smart money rolled out into places like China, Brazil.

Feds pay Banks on their cap rate...so they are not lending.

Obama's admin scene as very hostile to business and capitalism.

Bush Tax cuts to expire.

Still loosing 400k a month in jobs and private sector hardly creating jobs.

Yea, Sounds like Both Buffet and Jim are correct.

Thank God I do not drink cool aid.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

buffet has become the administration's whore

4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Exactly. And even if he weren't, he'd always sound bullish when he owns so many stocks. His underlying tone is bullish even when he makes bearish comments.

5. Bob111

Bob111

add higher taxes to this list above. business and personal @ 2011.

6. LOL... as this rolls across my DJI screen.

Goldman forecasts the unemployment rate will rise above 10 percent.

7. Somebody needs to present the positive aspects of our economy.

With Buffett's high profile, he's the perfect one to do it.

8. For the record - I don't necessarily agree or disagree with Buffet on this one, I just posted the article because I know a lot of people are interested in what Buffet has to say.

But I will ask you - why on Earth does a GS forecast hold more weight with you than a Buffet forecast?

9. Buffet is a talking head as is GS. However, from my current experience, dealing with Global Markets and those who are the leaders in Global Trade and Shipping, manufacturing, to my back ground as a Trader and Private Equity, capital rasing....I give far more Weight with GS than Buffet. So, it's from Experience working in the Financial Industry.

Second, Positive outlook on the economy is not what he is doing. He is bullshitting. That's all. So, yea you have to have some light at the end of the tunnel. However, lets be realistic as to why the growth is there in his "Companies". Can you say "Less overhead do to "Layoffs" and wider margins do to "Layoffs" and that the "Market" cap of Said companies is rather Stale.

So, yes the class is half full. But don't pretend that things are "GETTING BETTER" as in recovery. Call it what it truly is....Stablization.

We will see something happen after NOV. We could improve, with true growth in Hiring, market cap, spending, lending after the elections. Or, we can continue on this very weak growth pattern, while unemployment rises above 10% easy.

Speak the truth and stop bullshitting the sheeople.

10. MKTrader

MKTrader

As always, the media has access to all kinds of stories and information but "selects" what they want you to hear on the Yahoo headlines, nightly news, etc.

I just wonder what they'll try to prop up stocks with tomorrow...before the open and during the day. China buys California? Nostradamus rises from the grave and sees a rosy outlook for 2011?

#10     Sep 13, 2010