Buffet is a Skinflint

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MandelbrotSet, Dec 17, 2008.

1. The Billionaire's Black Sheep

"What's it like when your grandpa is the richest man in the world? For Nicole Buffett, it means forgoing cable TV and health insurance and making do on $40,000 a year. Here, she dishes on her upbringing and why her grandfather Warren Buffett disowned her."

2. His relationship with her is tenuous at best. That she didn't know better than to appear on the show demonstrates that she in fact didn't know 'grandpa' all that well.

3. I hear you, but she's a kid and I think he's coming real harsh to his own.

Reprimand her, yes.

Cut her off and disown her?

That's cold as hell. :(

4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

it's his STEP granddaughter and DIVORCED so it's not his real grandchildren.

5. This is one of the strange things Buffett did in the last two years.

6. She grew up in the same household with him.

Get it?

7. That's what I'm sayin.

He's an old guy and he ain't got all day. Not taking care of your own in this world?

There's no way she even did that much to him ... as far as I know she's not a drug addict, she's not a whore, she's not trying to ride his coattails with a bunch of hanger-on scummy friends.

So what's the problem? - that's just it, there isn't one.

8. It is cold but she's 32 and not a kid. Also, the publicity will keep her from starving.

9. 32 years old is "a kid"?????????

10. I agree.

1) It's his son's ex-wife's kid.

2) She should have kept her mouth shut, but chose to film a movie along with a bunch of other whiny privileged d-bags.

3) She's a hippie (reason enough to disown her).

#10     Dec 17, 2008