Buffet doesn't see a credit crunch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Eliot Hosewater, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Thats the most brilliant post I've seen on ET in a while. You should post it in its own thread.

#81     Feb 10, 2008
  2. Daal

Daal

income inequality is something that is happening world wide. whats that has to do with bashing rich people on TV so you can get love from the crowd

#82     Feb 10, 2008
  3. What you refer to is irresponsibility at the individual level. A fine observation on your part. Buffet merely referred to irresponsibility at the institutional level. True, individuals should know better. But institutions should DAMN WELL know better. Why is it that you can make the one observation but he can't make the other? (Are you trying to attract the kind of attention that you are accusing him of?)

#83     Feb 10, 2008
  4. Daal

Daal

well, heres the difference. I'm not willing to take your freedoms, go along with society's hate based on bank account size or confiscate your property to get the attention.

#84     Feb 11, 2008
  5. he didn't miss anything. when the dust settled from the 'tech boom' he was behind only gates as the richest man.

#85     Feb 11, 2008
  6. I have no idea where this is coming from. Did it perhaps occur to you, given your earlier post about individual irresponsibility, that you exhibit a similar "hate" based on (a different) account size as well? Perhaps it's only "hate" when someone else is doing it, eh?

#86     Feb 11, 2008
  7. bgp

bgp

DOES LITTLE BUFFET OR GATES KNOW WHO I AM ? :)

I AM " BGP "

#87     Feb 11, 2008
  8. Yes.

#88     Feb 11, 2008
  9. Gotcha.

#89     Feb 11, 2008
  10. bgp

bgp

quit cornholing ! :D talk about something smart. LIKE ME !

BGP

#90     Feb 11, 2008