Buffet doesn't see a credit crunch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Eliot Hosewater, Feb 7, 2008.

1. I believe it's safe to say that 99% of billionaires (in America) contribute or build their own foundations. As you stated, he's no different than anyone else.

#41     Feb 8, 2008
  2. ok he's smarter than me

he's human too, and says so

doesn't make sense that he supports hillary and doesn't give credit to the tax code that has added to his wealth

I left the dots off to balance previous posts

#42     Feb 8, 2008
  3. He's always been on the liberal side. It's his investing that is impressive. Extreme example: Ty Cobb was one of the greatest players ever but had a personal life that was a total disaster. He lived a drunken, violent life filled with one broken relationship after another. But he could get on base better than anyone in his era...

#43     Feb 8, 2008
  4. Since 1982, eh? Buffet's net worth in 1979 was $620 million, which placed him on the Forbes 400 list somewhat before your 1982 reference.

#44     Feb 8, 2008
  5. bgp

bgp

is he a god? dumbshit ! would he tell you if we was thinking inflation or deflation ?? give me a break.

bgp

#45     Feb 8, 2008
  6. I only responded to your 1982 reference. You seem not to have yet digested the answer. No hurry, I'll wait.

#46     Feb 8, 2008
  7. Don't confuse a man's politics with his wealth. Wealth does not necessarily engender greed and self-centeredness in everyone:

Q: "Buffett, why are you a Democrat?"
    A: I have what I call the minus 24 hour genie test. Imagine a genie poofed up 24 hours before you were born and asked you what kind of world you would want to live in. And you being the smart minus 24 hour baby would ask, "what's the catch?" And the genie would respond that you would have to participate in the "ovarian lottery" and draw one of 6 billion tickets. Things such as born United States or Bangladesh; white, brown, or black; male or female; smart or dumb; these would all be completely up to chance. Well then, what kind of world would you create? And my [Buffett's] world would be a society with equality that treated everyone fairly. And the Democrats seem to be better at doing that.

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/12/warren_buffett_web_20.html

You don't have to agree with the man, but you can still respect his opinion. Surely he has earned at least that much.

#47     Feb 8, 2008
  8. his fortune will do society a lot of good...

if he thinks his taxes are too low, he is welcome to write an extra check to the treasury

I'm sure they will cash it

#48     Feb 8, 2008
  9. And he is also as free to express an opinion as you are.

#49     Feb 8, 2008
  10. the democrats dont want to work for it like Buffet has

they want to take it from him and give it away

so let's raise the tax rate to 95% for people like Buffet, let him squirm

#50     Feb 8, 2008