Buffet doesn't see a credit crunch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Eliot Hosewater, Feb 7, 2008.

1. what a minute...

we're not talking about how to make money, but the hypocrisy of wealth....

nowhere on ET would be the patience Buffet has... you twerps want it all in 15 minutes

#31     Feb 7, 2008
  2. bgp

bgp

what dumbshit thinks buffets a god???? the stock market has been in a long term bull market since 1982, a time when quite a few of e.t.'r's were still in diapers and maybe still are. you see ben graham rode the stock market down in the early 1930's 70%. now again read what i write " what will happen to buffets holdings if that bear occurs again"????? use your little brains and think!!!

bgp

#32     Feb 8, 2008
  3. A lot of people on et criticize him, but imo the guy is a genius. He seems to know about almost everything. He's not perfect, but the guy understands almost any investing subject with incredible depth including a lot of the soft skills that make the day-to-day difference.

#33     Feb 8, 2008
  4. You'd be kissing his feet and dropping grapes into his mouth if you had some of his shares. He has done extremely well through all the markets in general:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BRK-A&t=my

#34     Feb 8, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

I think he knows this which is why most of his businesses are cash cows. Everything is relative and even if his equity is getting slashed as long as everyone else's is too that cash his businesses throw off will allow him to $ cost average (in a Buffet way ofcourse) in to some pretty attractive investments at the low end of the economic cycle. Pretty good strategy.

#35     Feb 8, 2008
  6. bgp

bgp

you know thats all great . big deal.

bgp

#36     Feb 8, 2008
  7. jjk2

jjk2

whats all this hatin on mr. buffett ? whats wrong with his style? hes a brilliant business and allocator of money to successful businesses that help drive the economy

not all agree with him of course but being disrespectful to a man that has accumulated more wealth because of his sucess and wisdom than you ever will, is a bit childish dont you think ?

#37     Feb 8, 2008
  8. Are you suggesting that philanthropy is a bad thing? Because that seems to be your implication. He's playing the game by the rules. All he's suggesting is that the rules should be changed. There is no hypocrisy there. Personally, I have only respect for Buffet, not so much because of all the money he has made, but because of the way he chooses to live his life despite the money he made.

I think that people who underestimate Buffet's wisdom probably do so at their peril. How many more billions does he need to make before you admit that he's probably smarter than you are?

(P.S. You use far too many dots. The correct number is three, unless you are ending a sentence, in which case a fourth serves as a period. You're welcome.)

#38     Feb 8, 2008
  9. jjk2

jjk2

i donno but hes doing pretty well last time i checked and for the last few decades. :p

#39     Feb 8, 2008
  10. Anyone on et who has accumulated over a few billion dollars in wealth based on trading or investing is welcomed to criticize him...

#40     Feb 8, 2008