Buffet doesn't see a credit crunch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Eliot Hosewater, Feb 7, 2008.

1. you are so right, and Buffet will be happy to fund dung beetle research with tax free money

#21     Feb 7, 2008
  2. toc

toc

'I lost all respect for the guy when he said Hillary would make a great prez'

after 8 years of GW, your statement sounds like one made by a TRAITOR!

:D

#22     Feb 7, 2008
  3. Buffet is a Bozo at times.

But, he correct in the over-all sense. There is not a liquidity issue that will bring the world into a depression.

What is happening is "Class War". The Sheeople who are in over their heads will be underwater and in the ranks of poverty by 2009.

The middle class will shrink but a huge %.

If you have assets, are liquid or have good credit, beyond decent, there is no Liquidity problem.

The house of cards is falling on the "Sheeople" who had no idea what they were doing.

Layoffs by 1000s will be coming from the major Financial Industry players, as well as Consumer Companies. This will shake the rott'n apples out of the tree.

We have a few years to go before all this comes to head.

But I do agree with buffet.

#23     Feb 7, 2008
  4. bgp

bgp

gates is a frikin nerd ! so what buffet the billion $ man. go kiss his ass ! listen, if this market drops what does that do to his net worth? goes down just like everyone else. end of bullshit kissass .

bgp

#24     Feb 7, 2008
  5. GW started out OK but will likely go down as one of the worst of all time...

I agree that the US is near leaderless, with no consensus in sight......

press 1 for English really pisses me off

#25     Feb 7, 2008
  6. Just in case you need a visual:

#26     Feb 7, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

In the time it takes Warren to take a dump he made more money then 99.9% of the traders in this forum make in a year and you guys are criticizing him. :confused:

You got to love this forum and it's arrogance or should i say ignorance.:cool:

#27     Feb 7, 2008
  8. agreed. the guy is sharp - buys value when everyone else is too busy panicking. he started with nothing - seven investors gave him 100k each - and he averaged 30% a year for 15 years . then formed berkshire hathaways whos stock went from 19$ a share to $22000 a share. then donates 40 odd billion to charity... a real piker indeed!

#28     Feb 7, 2008
  9. amen

Anything that says "yes, but..." has no traction. It was like when Bill Gates was planning how to do a lot of charitable works with his private funds, and an army of people (who probably do little charitable stuff themselves) were second guessing his efforts...

#29     Feb 7, 2008
  10. Are you still claiming Buffet "missed the boat" on AAPL? LMAO

#30     Feb 7, 2008