Buffet Buys GS, Everybody Relieved, Bottom Now Past?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Sep 23, 2008.

1. On the other hand GS gets to say Warren Buffett is a large investor. Not insignificant in turbulent times like these where confidence is at a premium. How valuable is Jobs to Apple? 20% of stock value? GS went up how much on the news of this?

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Buffett joke...

Buffet is walking down the sidewalk when off to his side a woman is hit by a car. She lies bleeding with broken bones and unable to move.

Buffet walks over to her when he hears her cries for help...

Buffet says, "Sorry, the best I can do is lift your purse"...

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

hes old.. hes gonna spend his fortunes "saving others" for the rest of his life, even if he loses it all before he dies.. or rather, that's his plan.. it's his money and nobody elses, so he should be able to spend it

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. cogent analysis.

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. Congrats on posting the dumbest remark in the entire thread.

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  6. aresky

aresky

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  7. piezoe

piezoe

I don't know what your evidence is for your statement, but my impression is that buffet does not operate that way. Clearly GS had a big problem, otherwise Buffet would not have gotten such a sweet deal with the warrants and all.

He's a long term investor and very patient.

It would seem the bottom for the market is well below current levels, but only a fool would try to guess when we might get there. We do have an election coming up you know. Remember to fill up your tank in mid-October. :D

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Don't be silly. Did you think he wrote a check on his personal checking account? I'ts Berkshire's money, and he is not so irresponsible to do a deal unless he thinks it would be good for Berkshire in the long run.

#18     Sep 24, 2008
  9. Agreed. Dow 7,000 awaits.

#19     Sep 24, 2008
  10. capmac

capmac

Wonder if Buffet is shaking in his boots...

#20     Nov 19, 2008