buenos aires

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mgarc, May 8, 2006.

1. 9999

Don't forget the camera.
    WE WANT PICTURES!!!

#11     May 8, 2006
  2. mgarc

mgarc

LOL :D

#12     May 8, 2006
  3. I'm in Buenos Aires right now for two months. If any traders read this, send me a PM and we'll meet for beers or dinner.

What did you find interesting mgarc?

I went to this crazy place last night called Shoeless Joes El Alamo. At one time it was an expat bar but it was taken over by Argentine women. I didn't speak to anyone in English the whole night.

It was absolutely insane. I thought it was a private party for women only when I first looked in the window. Seriously, it was maybe 15 guys and 70 or 80 women and they were almost all good looking.

They charged $1.65 entrance for women give free draft beer to women from 5PM to 10PM and then they have to pay $0.65 but the cover charge pays for two of them.

Guys have to pay $3.50 to get in and that too includes two drafts.

The internet access is great here and you get to sleep two hours more until the market opens. Ping times to Chicago suck however.

So far it looks like a great city to trade from.

- Curtis

#13     Sep 21, 2006
  4. mgarc

mgarc

hi curtis,

i particularly liked the palermo area (both hollywood and soho). lots of nice bars and restaurants. gets pretty busy during the weekends esp around the plaza serrano area.

time to indulge in the great steaks they have over there. there's a good restaurant called campo bravo in the canitas area. that's another area worth exploring at night. lots of cool bars. check out kandi and soul cafe.

the clubs can get really packed, so maybe bars are a better bet.

two months, eh. nice :) i only got to spend a week there due to time constraints. but i will definitely be back. i love buenos aires. beautiful women, excellent steaks, good wine. they live a good life over there.

enjoy! have a good one.

- mike

#14     Sep 21, 2006
  5. Sheik

Sheik

Hello Mgarc,

I live in Buenos Aires, send me a pm, I will recommend you several places, yes the women are very beautiful:)

the night of buenos aires is magic.

greetings

#15     Sep 22, 2006
  6. Is anyone still around BA? I'm headed down this Tuesday for 2 months. Would like to meet up for a beer and get the inside scoop from anyone down there.

I am renting a place in the Las Canitas area.

#16     Feb 2, 2008
  7. Yes,

I was there for about a year... a wonderful place, beautiful women and I really mean it, women's appearence is EVERYTHING, beautiful language (spanish with a little bid of an italian influence) great steak, cheap, but nicest place in south america.

One things that's interested is that you hear that they don't party until late, and this is an understatement. Party doesn't get going until 3 and that's no joke

#17     Feb 3, 2008
  8. Sky,

Are you still in BA? If not, do have some recs on places to go/see? Bars, resto's, etc? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks!

#18     Feb 4, 2008
  9. Now that I've been here for a whopping 2 nights I can give some recs for anyone else that may be coming down...

Tried the steak at campo bravo in las canitas the first night and it was great, but a little plain. The most expensive steak was their porterhouse, which was a whole $10.

Tried La Cabrera in palermo area last night. At least 50% more expensive than campo bravo, but out of this world. Each order comes with about 10 sides, all of which are delicious. For 4 of us, with 2 bottles of wine, it came to $100US.

Newer bar in Palermo called Godoy that is packed with insanely hot chicks.

I'm loving this city already....

#19     Feb 9, 2008
  10. 9999

Come on guys, show us some PICS!!
    :D

#20     Feb 9, 2008