Budget deficits and unions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 28, 2011.

1. I see a lot of red states, with full republican control, and do not have major collective bargaining with state employees... have deficits on this list.

So logically (which doesn't necessarily keep people from being illogical) the collective bargaining process is not causal in an of itself.

Notice Texas's deficit is damn large, and they are a red state, with full control by republicans...and no unions.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/02/politics/table.state.budgets/

Bottom line, collective bargaining is a red herring issue, politically generated to influence the union's ability to lobby on the side of the democrats.

Kill the funding for unions, destroy the money to help pay for campaigns by democrats...while the corporations have a blank check, thanks to the right wing loaded Supreme Court's permission to allow corporations to throw money at politicians who will vote in their favor.

Interestingly, Texas is second only to California in the number of state employees. California and Texas have large deficits...but they also have very large numbers of illegals who take money out of the system via welfare and health care, financed by taxpayers.

I am surprised actually, that a greater emphasis on the cause of deficits is not directed toward the illegals who don't pay state taxes, but take state benefits...especially since illegals are such a big issue for the windbaggers.

I wonder how much money would be saved, if health care, welfare, etc. were not paid out to illegals...

Anyone aware of any states that are trying to pass measures to ensure illegals don't get any free rides at the taxpayer's expense?

I am also continued to be confused why the windbaggers don't blame the un American employers who hire illegals as the devil in the details that is usually glossed over.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe it's their low IQ. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216038