Buckle up Guys its starting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by propwarrior, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Guys, obviously today we have seen the biggest drop in US equities since Brexit day. The firing gun has sounded. As it sinks in that Trump will walk this election we are going to see a correction. The only thing that will stop it imo will be global coordinated QE. The tide has turned, this is about much more than trump.

They will try and stop him getting in the whitehouse, luckily you have some good people protecting him. expect fireworks. Personally I think Hillary may have to pull out and Obama may try and hold on.

Be careful out there, this time it's real. Minimum 50% off equities, fixed income liquidty problems ahead. Buy physical commodities.

GL

2. Doubt it.

More likely this is a "corrective dip on the way higher".

A crashing market would likely benefit Trump. The Powers will do all they can to prevent that until after the election.

Expect the CBs to be out there, flapping their gums by early next week, perhaps even Monday... how they're going to "buy this", "QE that"... scared players will cover their downside bets. Higher highs likely.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    JesseJamesFinn1 and kmiklas like this.
  3. I noticed a change as well. I trade treasuries and their behavior not only changed yesterday, but last night as well...continuing today. Something else is odd...equities, bonds, oil, commodities all selling off today. Own plenty of commodities for the future already. Don't know if this is the beginning of the end or not.:wtf:

4. S2007S

S2007S

Too funny, just the talk of a rate hike has the markets off 1%+ which isn't much considering the markets are up over 225% since 2009, aside from that I'm laughing because all they mentioned was a rate hike and markets are falling the hardest since BREXIT, every single damn time a hint of a rate hike is coming the markets whine like a little bitch, then all the talkers come out saying how the market isnt ready for a rate hike, its the same thing over and over and over again....all the fed watchers will of course tell you now is not the time and that the markets don't warrant a rate hike, enough of this Fu$king nonsense, of course the excuse is the market is never going to be ready for it, nothing will ever be perfect for rate hikes to move higher according to these pathetic pundits who spew such dribble....raise the Fu$king rates and be done, who cares about the market reaction...the fed never cared about market reactions 30-40-50 yrs ago now all of the sudden today the fed has to tip toe through every word they say as its dissected by every wallstreet fool....who cares where the market goes...and please for once can we have the free markets have a say where rates go instead of yellen and her central bank friends dictating where they should be.

5. Banjo

Banjo

It's Kim Jong Un day. When markets are looking for a straw to break the camel's back they many times find an exogenous event as a catalyst.

NoBias and athlonmank8 like this.
  6. DB Trades

DB Trades

Personally I am keeping both my longs and shorts to be basically flat equities. My play today is to get a little long bonds short term. I can make money if it is oversold and I also won't regret it if you are right and the end of this bull economy and market is near.

7. S2007S

S2007S

How many times have we seen this sort of scare inbthe market since 2009? 87... 128 ...a few hundred times and the outcome is usually straight up afterwards.... Will there ever be a 30-50% collapse? Of course there will be but with central banks making sure it won't happen it will be a while before it does happen.

8. kmiklas

kmiklas

Nah. They're just setting up for the S&P to "Surge to a new market high!!!" on Monday.

I'm sure you've heard that before...

9. S2007S

S2007S

cdcaveman likes this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

That's what's going to happen...I remember the day of BREXIT everything felt like no wanted to buy any stocks then Bing boom bang the market took off and never looked back......this is just another set back before the zoom higher to 19,000 right around election day and then 20,000 by January.... Just keep buying the dips. It works 99.9% of the time.

#10     Sep 9, 2016
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.