Buckeyes are #1

Discussion in 'Politics' started by inandlong, Jan 4, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Ok...lets see if it is fan bias, Ill let you put your money where your mouth is.....If there were another game; same teams; same place, just another game. ( Mcgahee not being injured )....Who do you think would be favorite again?? ( even after a loss)...Cmon, dont for one second be fooled...You know UM has a better team......peace

#21     Jan 6, 2003
  2. Same was said in the 2001 OB and a team that wasn't supposed to win....... WON. That being OU. Outmanned, lack of speed, etc.

Now expecting gobs of miami fans saying it should've been them in the game........ :D My response, the other 1 loss team not in the discussion...... UW.

Later,

Cracked

#22     Jan 6, 2003
  3. rs7

rs7

The winning team is not always the "better" team.
    Ever hear the expression "Any Given Sunday"?

Better still....know anything about the 1954 World Series? Giants swept the Indians in four games. An almost unimaginable task.

Then of course, the '69 Mets (bless their souls).

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson when Tyson could still fight.

1980 Olympic Hockey...USA over USSR

And my personal favorite.....JETS over Baltimore...Superbowl III

Peace,
    Rs7

#23     Jan 7, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Bingo........Ask any scout in the country which team has a better roster and they will say UM. In the end the only thing that matters is the big W, but cmon boys UM has more pro prospects on their team than any college team out there..........peace

#24     Jan 7, 2003
  5. If the Cane's db's were holding all game long that makes the phantom end zone call even worse. Why? Because as a player the one thing you expect from the ref's is consistency. Call it tight, call it loose, but call it the same damn way the whole game.

I really thought that call was about as bad a call as a ref could make, but then I saw the Giants/Niner's game.

And while I'm at it, don't they ever call roughing the passer in college football? That linebacker almost drove the Miami QB underground on that OT hit. He would have been flagged , maybe ejected and surely fined in the NFL.

OSU impressed me as a borderline cheap shot team, but I have to say, they looked like they wanted it worse.

#25     Jan 7, 2003