Bucket shops????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by omegapoint, Feb 29, 2008.

1. :p

#11     Feb 29, 2008
  2. What stock broker was that ?

#12     Feb 29, 2008
  3. If you're losing that kind of dough take a step back and reevaluate what you're doing. You wanna know how I learned how to trade........

I knew I sucked ass so I fired up a simulator and bought. It would move against me and I bought again. It would move more against me and I would buy again, and again, and again, until I eventually got one trigger right. Then I went back and studied the difference between the winners and losers and it was as simple as this ------>>>> Patience. Let the trade come to you and be very, VERY selective. Why would you even take a trigger that doesn't give you at least an 80% chance of winning. Forget everything else. If it ain't high quality don't touch it and realize you'll never be a winner if you put your entire line on with 1 trigger and place a stop. That basically ensures you'll just get wrecked by randomness and get beat by the market. Money Management is THEE single, most important aspect of trading hands down!

#13     Feb 29, 2008
  4. Only if you play unregulated markets like Forex, or weakly regulated markets in corrupt countries, (read china, russia, XYZstan).

How they do it?
    Most people lose money. Most people daytrades with high leverage, so they can't withstand much fluctuation without a margin call (in which all the money lost by the customers goes into the broker profits), so they manipulate quotes to activate the stop loss orders.

Basically they are playing follow the dots.

In depth info at:
    http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=5809

#14     Feb 29, 2008
  5. One guy claims that his STOCK broker banned him from trading, I would like what stock broker is gonna ban you from trading ?! NEVER heard of such a case

Stocks are trading on regulated exchanges and the broker is just that a middleman (he takes a commission), no market maker like in the unregulated forex market where they take the other side of your trades > conflict of interest .

#15     Feb 29, 2008
  6. No good deed ever goes unpunished.:(

#16     Feb 29, 2008
  7. How could they ban you legally and why in the world would they care what listed product you trade?

by the way the qqqq (qqq) is not a stock

#17     Mar 1, 2008
  8. Why don't you get off your dead ass and do some homework before you get so confrontational or don't you care if everyone thinks that you are stupid.:p

#18     Mar 1, 2008
  9. There is no homework to be done. If you have the capital or margin to cover the trades they can not exclude you from access to a product you've been trading. Why would they? They still collect the interest on your cash and comissions, thats what brokers do.

#19     Mar 1, 2008
  10. Excuse me. I remember trolls don't do homework.:D

#20     Mar 1, 2008