Buchanan on Obama and Race

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FUnBi1i90E

A black Rev agrees that Jeremiah Wright is a racist...so no, the defenders of Rev Jeremiah Wright cannot blame it on white people not understanding black culture.

#22     Mar 26, 2008
  2. saxon

saxon

An aged Buchanan in clear relief.

Case closed.

#23     Mar 26, 2008
  3. Gord

Gord

So he advocates prayer and repentance - what case is closed?

#24     Mar 26, 2008
  4. I am not a fan of Buchanon, but you took a quote from the article and left out the end. Buchanon said "He ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American" That is waht he said. I interpret this to mean down on his knees as in prayer...and not down on his knees as submissive black person as maybe you suggest. I am not Buchanon fan and am not religious, but I see how you misquoted the article to paint a picture.
    If you can not see Obama has support from people who have a black agenda only, you must be blind. It is obvious. For your information I have family of interacial people. I do not hate black people. But I do not support a man who is black and white running for president who is closely connected to a white hating preacher Jeremiah White. It is right in your face. No. case is not closed as you say.

#25     Mar 26, 2008
  5. And why do you use "aged" in your argument? Yes, maybe Buchanon is from old school white mentality and has not changed his old school views with the times. But look at Obama. He lives in modern times where balcks have made great progress. Obama and his wife are living testament to black wealthy folk living in America BUT STILL, Obama chooses to be in a church that hates whites and America. He Obama is proof that a black man can become successful in America, but he chooses to not see this and paly the white hate game. It is right in your face. Obama and his wife have more money and power and influence than many white americans. He worked for what he has, and that is why he is successful. So now he hates whites?

#26     Mar 26, 2008
  6. Big deal, when did they start putting their hand over their heart for the singing of the national anthem? I only do it for the pledge of allegiance. I don't remember anyone putting their hand over their heart during the singing while I was growing up. Anyone know when this started or has this always been the tradition and I just don't remember?

#27     Mar 27, 2008
  7. hughb

hughb

You don't have to put your hand over your heart for the Pledge either, if you don't want to. And I don't have to vote for you either, if I don't want to.

#28     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Yep - how shocking that a black american might get tired of being called boy and nigger for the first 40 years of his life, and end up getting pissed off enough that he becomes a vile, prejudiced racist asshole pandering to an audience of captive ignorant racists. In other words, a black version of Pat Buchanan.

#29     Mar 27, 2008
  9. Cutten

Cutten

ROFL

Let me get this right. Buchanan is saying that black slaves - the ones that survived the journey, that is - were *lucky* to have been transported to America, because that way they got to be brainwashed into accepting a delusional religious belief system. That's a good one!

And let's check the living standards, incarceration rates, literacy, and life expectancy of black people in the USA vs black people in the rest of the civilised world - since it's clear that Buchanan has not bothered to look at those statistics.

As for his other point - since when has making people suck at the teat of the Welfare State been a good thing for them? I thought Buchanan of all people would have opposed this fallacious notion. If you want someone to hit age 40 with no drive, ambition, personal savings or useful career or life skills, then sure - keeping them on welfare for 2 decades will pretty much do that. If you think they'd be better off becoming productive members of society, achieving some personal happiness and freedom, holding down a respectable job and providing for themselves and their family through the yield of their honest labour, then it's probably not a good idea to make them dependents of the state.

#30     Mar 27, 2008