Bubble Investing

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Pathus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Pathus

Pathus

Haha I am going to wait and see.. I'm gonna look for the hype and some action and then get in on it.

No skill required. You just have to have discipline! Returns of 10,000% a year guaranteed! Buy my book!

#11     Jun 9, 2005
  2. ig0r

ig0r

Energy? Maybe soft commodities. Both of these sparked by perhaps uncontrollable future growth of chinese economy.

#12     Jun 9, 2005
  3. cakulev

cakulev

The problem with bubbles is they like to burst. So you have to use some stop losses. But the trick is the stop needs to be wide enough to withstand its large volatility (most of the people knows it’s a bubble so there will be lot of fake crashes).
    So if this is not carefully calculated you may be either whipsawed too many times, or lost more than you started due to the large stop. Either way, no free money unless you have some other edge other than buying bubbles.

#13     Jun 9, 2005
  4. Pathus

Pathus

No free money? FREE MONEY IS OUT THERE. look at google.
    106 bucks to 290

do you think anybody who bought the stock has an edge?

#14     Jun 9, 2005
  5. Midas

Midas

Making money speculating (in any market) is really not as hard as many people make it...

I follow these rules and it keeps me ahead of the game:

1) Don't pick tops (or bottoms)

2) Limit your down side risk (keep a good risk to reward ratio ALWAYS)

3) Don't be greedy

4) Base hits win more games than home runs

5) Keep it simple

#15     Jun 9, 2005
  6. Midas

Midas

re:
    "Haha I am going to wait and see.. I'm gonna look for the hype and some action and then get in on it.

No skill required. You just have to have discipline! Returns of 10,000% a year guaranteed! Buy my book!"

Don't knock it..... There is alot of money to be made selling picks and shovels to any modern day gold rush. Including books, seminars, software, etc.

Just look infomercial mogul Carlten Sheets, Suzy Ormond, or the "Rich Dad Poor Dad" Guy.

Now that is easy money with limited downside risk!

#16     Jun 9, 2005
  7. Pathus

Pathus

Thats .10,000% a year.

#17     Jun 9, 2005
  8. Ikspec

Ikspec

Hyped? The deal price on it got lowered and all everyone kept talking about was all the problems with the IPO and how it was a mess and how the stock was pricing too high. I don't call that hype. What do you call hype?

#18     Jun 9, 2005
  9. So how much "FREE MONEY" did you make on google?

#19     Jun 9, 2005
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

I've long been amused by people who advocate funnymentals as somehow inherently more rational than technical analysis. Both TA and FA are minefields, you just have to go with the few techniques that make the most sense and hope for the best.

#20     Jun 10, 2005