Bubble Investing

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Pathus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Pathus

Pathus

There is always a bubble it seems and a lot of people are making money really damn fast and easy.

I was thinking I should just devote all of my money to bubble investing. Invest in only the hottest sectors that are hot and riding up for no apparent reason but a bunch of retards building a pyramid.

This would include Goog and real estate etc. I realize that many people get burned.. but if you buy in earlier and then sell out as it starts to decline after the top you should be fine.

I know its irrational... but why not simply take advantage of the idiots who created the bubble and just profit from it anyways? People seem to invest in bubbles and claim it is not a bubble which is rigoddamndiculous. We might as week just seek out the next bubble and dump some cash in right away.

2. ig0r

ig0r

3. Pathus

Pathus

Good read.. I love it. The past trends to predict the future is bullshit. Exactly what I am looking for.

So how do you make money year after year after year then?

4. maxpi

maxpi

5. everything looks so clear in hindsite.

6. cakulev

cakulev

7. Midas

Midas

re:
    I was thinking I should just devote all of my money to bubble investing

This is how I make a living, but investing is the wrong term. I like to call it informed speculating and in the case of equities simply trading.

During the equity bubble I was a day trader. (I still am part time)
    After the tech melt down I moved into the real estate arena.
    After that cools down I will move with the money.

In my opinion there is no better place to be than where the herd is throwing billions of $ around. That is where the easy money is.....
    :cool:

8. kowboy

kowboy

Personally I'm getting out of most of the real estate now, possibly prematurely, while there are still numerous buyers and low interest rates.

Do you have any guesses as to the next bubbles before they happen, or will you just wait and see?

9. Pathus

Pathus

Google was hyped beyond belief from the very start... should have went ahead and bought regardless of the value. Who the fuck cares?

I am sick of everything I am learning about using the past to determine the future or "value investing". Nobody knows what is going to happen. Nobody buys rationally.. everybody today just wants a quick profit. You have to be smarter than everybody else and profit from all of the stupidity.

Grab onto the high fliers and then use some damn control and take profits at least to cover the basis and then ride along for awhile. I see no point in putting in so much hard work researching. Look at Enron and Worldcomm... who the hell could have known they were gonna go down so damn fast?

10. Midas

Midas

re:
    Do you have any guesses as to the next bubbles before they happen, or will you just wait and see.

Your guess is as good as mine.... :cool:

#10     Jun 9, 2005